Just a little funny...Mickey's bath.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a little funny...Mickey's bath.

MickeysMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultJust a little funny...Mickey's bath.

Around here, all you have to say is "Tubby?" and the oldest and second oldest kids (regular and fur respectively) go running for the big tub upstairs. Tonight was Mickey's night, since I had to scrub the tub anyway. Soooo, I say the magic word, and in a flash, he's up the stairs and staring at the fawcet like he can will it to turn itself on. I gather up all the junk (towels, soaps, brushes, drain guard, ect) and meet him in there. After a rousing game of 'Splash Mommy', and 'Tug the Shower Curtain Down', I towel him off and blow dry him (hey, it's cold here) until he's nice and dry. This is where things get weird.

We have very steep stairs going from the first floor to the second floor. They suck. Everyone (but the babies) has had a turn falling on them, including DH and yours truly. Mickey, on the other hand, has turned falling down the stairs into an art. At least once a day, that silly canine goes down the stairs like he's trying to break a speed record or his neck. Did I mention that the stairs end three feet in front of a wall? (stupid house) So, at least once a day I get to check myself for heart attack symptoms while Mickey looks up at me with this bewildered expression. "Wha happened Mom? The stairs threw me!".

Never is Mickey more likely to hit the staircase full tilt than after a tub, but what's worse is that he insists on doing a full lap through the whole house in full butt-tuck while his paws are still damp. I've tried every possible way to dry his paws completely, block the stairs, and distract him from 'the tuck', but even if it's warm enough outside to walk him, he still comes in the house, runs up the stairs, butt-tucks from bed to bed, then promptly falls down the stairs. If you put a leash on him, you will at least be unceremoneously dragged down the stairs too. Tonight, just for fun, I took the couch cushions and piled them against the wall at the bottom of the stairs. Mickey scrambles from the bathroom, leaps onto my bed knocking bedding and pillows everywhere and breaking a lamp bulb, then knocks me over in the hallway and promptly falls down the stairs. I mean, from my perspective, he didn't even try to walk down them, he just sailed off the first step. I scramble to my feet, which takes a while these days, and by the time I'm looking down the stairs, he's HUMPING THE COUCH CUSHION! WTF!!! > He NEVER has humped anything in his life, and when I finally figure out a way to stop him from braining himself, he decides to test his manhood (such as it is) on the cushions that DH and I cuddle on. EEEEeeeeew!

A few minutes ago I ordered a metal baby gate that we will be drilling into the door frame at the top of the stairs. I WILL not sacrifice another couch to Mr. Mickey, especially not in that way.

Any suggestions or advice is much welcomed.
    WooT!<br /><br /><br />He made it too! <br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Just a little funny...Mickey's bath.

No advice, but that was a great visual!

I've got a bruise starting on my theigh, and Mickey is the very picture of remorse now. Oh sure, it's so easy to be sorry once you've already gotten your way. > (he keeps bringing me his lovee...which is supposed to double as a peace-pipe so it's hard for me to stay mad)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

PEACE PIPE!!! LOL

frenchie is offline Senior Member

this is too funny! Soleil also butt-tucks in the house after a bath...never quite understood why, but it's quite funny to watch (OMG, OMG, OMG, I'm still wet...wet...wet! LOL)
    Apart from this, I think you're doing well with the gate. The way it sounds, he could seriously hurt himself in the stairs one day, and nobody wants that. Soleil tends to rush down the stairs when my husband comes home or someone rings at the door, but I trained him "slow" and most of the time he listens, at least enough to slow down a little bit.

Hoo Boy, I'm a bit sore on that leg today...yeah, it was high time to gate off the stairs. It won't cure him from wiping out when he HAS to go down them, but hopefully we'll be in a new house soon enough. I WILL NOT be putting couch cushions at the bottom of the stairs, but I am considering other options. There's this seagrass chest of drawers (kinda ugly, but wth) that we could use for mail and mittens, and Mickey could use as a crash barrel. :

HAHA! Great story. ;D

I have the same stupid stair set up. My stairs end at a broom closet that is maybe 3' in front of them, if that. My dogs know "easy" when I'm there to say it but Essy will still sometimes plow down the stairs at break neck speed all on her own. She then hits the tile and skids gracefully across the floor steering her way around obstacles. She is the most agile Lab I've ever seen. She has never lost her footing, fell over, or crashed and burned. Murray, OTOH, is not as light on his feet and has taken out the corner of the wall. :

I wonder if it's a boy thing? Mickey also loses it when you say "Go Walkies?". He tears down the hallway like his butts on fire, misses the L-turn into the foyer, (stupid house) and goes crashing into the 'good' couch in the front livingroom. : : : We put a sea grass basket there because the couch is a huge leather monster with a pullout bed in it, so it doesn't yield at all. The basket's about two more crashes away from the landfill...

frenchie is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysMommy
    The basket's about two more crashes away from the landfill...
    ;D ;D ;D I can totally picture it!

I laughed out loud! Funny!

Whenever I pick up a pillow or move Oakley's bed, she graps a hold of it with her front paws and starts humping it. Nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast