Ok, so Mambo has these warts. The info I read online shows they can be spread to other dogs he comes in contact with. However my vet, My vet I just switched to and 4 others have all said it cant be. I even called animal control to see what they thought they said it can be spread.
So who do I trust. I do not want to put any other dog through this. I mean its not bad, but who wants warts growing on them.
So anyone have any suggestions on who I should trust, maybe who I can call, Anyone you can ask for me? Thanks
SORRY, I know I have asked this a few times. I didnt get alot of responses. I am sure not many people know about this. I am just trying to get this out to as many people
Never heard of warts spreading in dogs....
Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully
here is the info that was given to me in another tread. everything else I looked up stated the same. He has about 30 or so now. Only 4 are big and I am watching those.
Amanda: see this article. Go to "how transmitted"
Hope that helps.
Linda and ZoŽ, the Umlaut
Thank you, but I seen that. However all the vets are saying No its wrong. Who Do I believe. I took that into the vet, and they said no it cant, also a few other vets agreed with him.
hmmm, interesting that the article conflicts with what the vets said.
If I remember, I'll check our vet book at home.
Linda and ZoŽ, the Umlaut
Thanks. Only person I found that agrees it can be spread is someone at animal control
How old is Mambo? Under two or over? Viral papillomas in most mammal are contageous, but are transmitted only to the same species. If Mambo is under 2, then they will probably resolve on their own and you won't have to worry, and if she plays with dogs over two years old that have healthy immune systems, they should all be fine. You can have them removed, but I wouldn't do that unless you're seeing them past two years old, and then I'd want to see what underlying reasons there were for why they didn't resolve.
You'd be amazed at how prevalent these are in dogs under 2-3, btw. (I got this information from two sources; Cheshire Animal Hospital, and a contact I have at a branch of a local Human Society where I volunteered)
He is only 10 months, and I already know as a weak immune system. I am trying to find something to help boost that. But both vets said there isnt anything. His dog sitter really wants him to come over for a few days. I said I wanted to wait and find out if it canbe spread. His dog is 4 years old and very healthy. I would just feel horrible if he got it too. I didnt plan on having them removed unless they cause him pain, or get in the way of his eating and drinking.
Thanks alot for the help. Atleast I know he needs to stay away from younger dogs