nm

Thread: nm

Defaultnm

nm

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Well, I'm not a virgin anymore....

LOL ... I am a retired 2 dog walker!! Mostly because of the reason you mentioned in meeting an unrulely dog or a cat or squirrel that likes to taunt. I've had to drop my butt to the ground more than once and getting too old for that!

I use a double leash to walk mine. It is a leather handle with two 6' nylon leads attached. The leads have swivels at both ends which keep them from tangling. I like this set up better than couplers for a couple of reasons. 1) a dog that is walking calmly at your side will not be corrected by the one bolting to the end of the leash, 2) each leash snaps off so I can use it as a single dog leash or unsnap one leash to give the dog to someone else, 3) you can correct one dog without correcting the other.

I couldn't find a picture of it on line. If anyone is interested, I can post a picture tonight when I get home. I bought mine at a dog show from Dog Star Trading (a CA company). I checked and they do not have a website but Kathy does have [email protected]

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Good idea! I'd like to see the picture.

Congratulations! You will shortly have a amazingly strong biceps. Just kidding ...

I use two separate leashes, but hold the handles together as one ... then I hold the leash the same way I would if I was only walking one dog. They both stay to my left side and, knock on wood, we've got a pretty good routine going. Ivy stays on the outside, Raleigh is closer to my leg. Not sure why that's the order, but it's ALWAYS that way ...

Mirabella is offline Senior Member

My dogs walk fine on a coupler. They needed a short trial period of few days to get used to it but they do great now. No one can bolt or even wants to - they know they are attached to the other dog. Nothing gets tangled like leashes might.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

I walk M&J at the same time, one on each side of me. I feel better control with one on a hand. Also changed to prong collars for that rare time that something really attracts them. We have passed squirrels, defiant cats, dogs who come out on the street to bark at us, bicycles, etc. I don't even have to say "leave it" much any more. When dogs come out on the street barking after us, I say a loud "No" (most dogs know no) and keep walking - do not slow the pace.