I got a new foster and learned a thing or two about my Gunny Bear
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got a new foster and learned a thing or two about my Gunny Bear

DefaultI got a new foster and learned a thing or two about my Gunny Bear

This is Angel..she couldn't be a sweeter little thing. Looks like a mini golden/Gunny mix honestly. She's so sweet and I'm so glad Joe saved her and that I could help him out. She's doing really well we slept just about all night. 10:45 to 5:00 without a break. For a 6/7 month old on her first night in a strange place I think she did really well. She is going to be such a good pet for somebody, she'd be great for a family with kids too she loves Connor and my friend's 2 yr old nephew.

That Gunny of mine..I've realized he tries to intimidate younger dogs. I've pet sat before so he's had other dogs stay here overnight. All his playmates are either his littermates or they are a little older. The one other dog he tried to intimidate was younger than him also. This AM for our first potty break Angel tried to play/run around and he corrected her..not harshly but he growled "not now baby it's not even 5:00" This I appreciated...he crawled back in bed with me and after a long sigh "kids" he went back to sleep. Then AND I know better than this...I put the food bowls down at the same time.....Autumn and Gunny have always "tested" each other bowls I didn't think much of it, I've even fed the other dogs I've pet sat at the same time but again they were all older...Angel tried to eat with Gunny..he really gave her an ear full scared the crap out of the poor baby as well as myself. I picked the bowls back up..waited until he "made up"...with her which he did, licked her face pawed at her "just stay out of my bowl kid we'll be ok" I fed him on the deck and her inside. Autumn decided she'd skip breakfast and crawled under my bed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: I got a new foster and learned a thing or two about my Gunny Bear

What a cutie!!

Your new siggy is beautiful! I can't believe how grown your little boy is now!

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Angel is very pretty. I hope she finds her forever home.

I, too, have been admiring your new siggy. It's beautiful!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

She is a real cutie. I hope she finds her forever home soon.

Thank you..he's a looker that Gun Bear.

Angel is funny I found out right before I left for work she can stand on her hind legs..and stay like that like a Meer cat I gotta get a picture of her..LOL

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

Yea, that siggy pic is nice Deneen, but I really enjoied seeing the real Gunny and Autumn. I think she is even cuiter than last time I saw her.

That Angel is a real sweetheart too. I know as soon as I saw her that she would not have any trouble finding a home. I am goiny to list her in a little while here and I would expect the phone to start ringing this afternoon. Can't wait to see her "dancing dog" pictures

Thanks for your help Deneen!
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

OMG Angel is ADORABLE!!!! I can see why she got that name!

And your siggy is just beautiful.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Anytime Joe..next one has to be a black male I feel like I'm cheating on them with all these yellow/golden dogs in my house. Autumn isn't being her normal foster dog mom self she isn't being mean to Angel, she's avoiding her which is strange for Autumn, it may be the cold and her hips though. My friend thinks Autumn afraid she's staying..like Gunny did..now she doesn't trust me when I say "don't worry baby girl it will be just us agian soon" LOL

After the Mastiff that is....Bonnie and I are going to go pick him up Saturday AM I'm hoping he dosn't try to sit on my lap on the way home lol all 185 lbs of him .(On a side note I don't think I've ever been through that thorough of a application/reference/home check in my life) I don't think he'll be with me long either there are already 3 applications waiting :-\, kind of wanted him for a little while but it's better for the dogs to be placed faster I know.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Angel is adorable.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Angel is a very pretty girl and I love your new siggy!

Seamus and Flynn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast