A Little brag

Thread: A Little brag

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultA Little brag

Ok..I know you all probably think I am not proud of my boy..lol...but I had to share this.

Yesterday I got home early. One thing on retrieves we have been working on is "bring it" where he brings the retrieved object to me and lays it down close to my feet. I just gave the hand signal and he did! Several times.

I also took him to the vet (just for fun) and to the pet store. I have been working on him to stay in his seat after I unbuckle him until I give the command. He needs encouragement to sit but when he does and I say stay he remains in his seat until I grab the leash, which is exactly what I want him to do. He even did this today when I dropped him off for daycare!

At the vet and petstore he was still hyper but he obeyed me better than he ever has. I am using praise more and more when he is engaging in good behavior...

And last, we went for a walk last night and he still pulled occasionally but seems to be getting it". I sure hope so. Hopefully he will continue...but still I am enjoying the moment..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A Little brag

GOOD JOB TAL!!! Laying the object down at your feet AND staying in his seat after you unbuckle him is GREAT!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brigettas Mom
    GOOD JOB TAL!!! Laying the object down at your feet AND staying in his seat after you unbuckle him is GREAT!
    Yeah..I am still kind of amazed myself because at his age I wasn't expecting it...not that I am complaining mind you! He has just started staying in his seat and now I have time to get out, put the keys in my pocket and get him out.

My little boy is growin up!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mybabymambo Guest

WTG Tal

georgie is offline Senior Member

It sounds like Tal is doing really well. We taught our girls to sit & wait for the release command before going out the door or out of the vehicles. Boy...that takes alot of repetition but it is so well worth the effort.
    Keep up the good work Tal.

Alright! Way to go, Tal!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

He's learning fast!