What is she doing?

Thread: What is she doing?

emccase is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat is she doing?

So last night McKenzie and I went for a 20 min. walk and then we played ball for a while in the backyard. After we came inside and she had a treat we watched TV for a few minutes and then all the sudden it was like a Lab on crack she started darting around the living room butt tucking and then she would jump up and nip me and take off and do it again and again. She knows that she is not "play hard" in the house and everytime I told her no or off she just kept going. Makes no sense since we had just been out for a walk and played ball, she acted like she was pooped when we came back inside. I finally ended up grabbing a hold of her an putting her down on her side and in a low and firm voice told her to calm down and just petted her slowly. Once she did I took her outside and we played ball some more. I don't mind at all that she needed more activity I just don't understand the nipping part. She knows not to bite. Any thoughts?

Mckenzie the lab and Maddie the Mastiff wanna be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: What is she doing?

Tuck does this. My husband calls it ROBO TUCK! She will be fine one second, and all the next she's running back and forth, till she hits the walls, then straight away to the next wall. It's pretty funny, I don't mind it, I think she just gets so excited. I don't know about the nipping. I think telling her NO in a firm voice is a good thing. Make sure she is not doing it before you take her "BACK" outside, or she will do that to get your attention thinking if she does that you'll take her back outside.
    Sometimes our little/big babbies just go COO COO!

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

not sure about the nipping part but ginger also butt tucks around the house. when we come back in from playing outside she will butt tuck around a few times and then just lay on the floor. she also does it when its raining and we have to go out for her to use the bathroom...i think it has something to do with her wet paws and sliding on the floor that excites her.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

emccase is offline Senior Member

Quote: Make sure she is not doing it before you take her "BACK" outside, or she will do that to get your attention thinking if she does that you'll take her back outside

I put her on her side and made sure she was calm before we went back out. She's usually so good about not biting but it was like nothing I said was getting through last night :. Ah well guess we're bound to have crazy nights with these crazy labs. She's a goofball but I couldn't her more.

Mckenzie the lab and Maddie the Mastiff wanna be.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Every once in awhile Brigetta will suddenly start butt tucking, running in and out of every room. One minute she is laying on the couch or her bed, the next she has this sudden burst on energy. It doesn't last very long. That's how she got her nickname "Crazy"!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

Ah yes --- the old "rocket up her butt" moments when out of the blue Taffy would all of a sudden start tearing around the house. Starts from nowhere and ends just as suddenly.

*sigh* Come to think of it --- 8 year old Taf hasn't done this in years.

Our lab. does the same thing we call them "Chelsea fits". She especially goes bananas after she's been outside. My cousin says she has her "fits" if she pooped while she was outside

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

We call it "the mad half hour". All our animals do it. I don't know if it's good or bad that they don't do it all at the same time.

The nipping sounds like puppy-speak for "play with me". Chamois does it to Toby all the time and he's very tolerant. He does let her know when he's had enough, though.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Aidan and Emma both do the same... they will usually be bitey facing, and then one will start going crazy around the house, running, butt tucking, which inspires the other one to give chase.
    I love it when it happens....very amusing. The nipping part? Who knows...just part of the outburst of joy!

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

We call it the "zooms".