Anyone have personal experience with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency

Thread: Anyone have personal experience with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnyone have personal experience with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency

I was asked to take in a 10 month old black lab male today that has been diagnosed with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (also called “Maldigestion”). I have read the websites that talk about diet and supliments, but wanted to know if anyone has had a dog that has this? I would be interested in the cost of treatment and quality of life from your point of view.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Anyone have personal experience with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency

FWIW we had a cat with that. Remembering back it was a tough diagnosis and a longish recovery period, but the medication was pretty simple and inexpensive, and through consistancy she was just fine. She was a feral cat my brother found on the streets of Chicago, and brought home, so she was certainly malnourished when he got her which may have contributed to her problems. She had a pretty good life with my mother and lived a longish time 14-15 years