Nova Scotians, where do you take your dogs?

Thread: Nova Scotians, where do you take your dogs?

DefaultNova Scotians, where do you take your dogs?

There's Point Pleasant Park in Halifax, Hemlock Ravine in Clayton Park/Bedford, Oakifield & Laurie Parks in the Wellington-Fall River area, Shubie Park in Dartmouth...where else do you go? (in HRM our not) Looking for cool places to take Angus that are also kid-friendly. We take lots of day trips/hiking trips with the kids, but being a relatively new dog owner, I need tips on fun places for dogs too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Nova Scotians, where do you take your dogs?

HEY! A fellow New Scotlander!

I live in Dartmouth... so we're big fans of Shubie. But honestly, we mainly hit the fenced in ball field up the road from us, which on a weekday will often have a few dogs to play with.

We used to live DT Halifax, pre-dog ownership, and Pt. Pleasent always had loads of dogs!

I think the park that is up by the McKay bridge is dog friendly (off leash even)! And there is a park in the Tantallon/St. Marg's Bay area that is also dog friendly (can't remember the name of it) and not too busy.

I take it you are in HRM?
    ~Jo & CoCo

I am in HRM also.

We have some ballfields & soccer fields in our subdivision too. PPP was great yesterday, it is so beautiful there. I am hoping to get to Hemlock next weekend. I've only been to Shubie pre-Angus, I can't wait to take him there too. Angus' vet is in Tantallon, do you know where the park is? Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CoCosMom
    I think the park that is up by the McKay bridge is dog friendly (off leash even)!
    The park under the MacKay Bridge is Seaview.

I have taken Oakley to Oakfield and Laurie. I live outside the city.
    Oh, and we met up with a friend and walked on a trail in Cole Harbour, on the road to Rainbow Haven beach, the Salt Marsh Trail maybe?
    There is also a road in Bedford where lots of people go off leash. It is right by the lights for the on ramp inbound to Hfx off the Hammonds Plains Rd.
    I also take Oakley to a little trail in Milford where I grew up. It only takes half an hour to do though but at least she gets a run when we do it.

We should meet up sometime!

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

We should all definitely meet up sometime!

I think the one close to Tantallon is Lewis Lake Provincial Park?? My boss goes there every morning with her lab and he runs off leash.

There is a beach at Shubie - not the swimming beach that the campers use - but another one called Mossman's Beach... anyhow, its basically an undesignated dog park, there are always dogs there swimming and off leash!
    ~Jo & CoCo

Oooh!, a meet sounds fun! ;D