Don't mess with Mother Nature...pictures from Palm Springs show cancellation

Thread: Don't mess with Mother Nature...pictures from Palm Springs show cancellation

DefaultDon't mess with Mother Nature...pictures from Palm Springs show cancellation

I posted on Fri that some of my Doberman owner friends were showing in Palm Springs when high winds took down the large tents. My friends forwarded a link to photos taken of the show grounds which were posted on a Doberman website. In the photos you can see not only the canvas flapping in the wind but the support posts as well. You can see tents that collapsed and tents that had the canvas entirely removed.

The Doberman Club cancelled their specialty then Bradshaw cancelled the remaining shows (some 40+ specialties). The show did continue on Sat after a long delay to remove tents and reset the rings. Dobes were schedule to show at 10:15 but they didn't show until 4 in the afternoon!

http://www.europadobes.com/SFVDPC_Re..._PS_010507.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Don't mess with Mother Nature...pictures from Palm Springs show cancellation

OMG. That's terrifying.....

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Don't mess with Mother Nature...pictures from Palm Springs show cancellation

Holy crap!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

WOW is all I can say.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

whoa!!!

My dad is going to Palm Springs next week, perhaps I won't show him these
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

That Flag is standing straight out. Those are some crazy winds. Glad your friends are ok.

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

We were there...it looked like a tornado hit, and the show was delayed two hours on Saturday morning (and the hot air balloon festivities and parade were cancelled ), but Sunday everything happened right on schedule, and we all had a great time. Wonderful friends, beautiful dogs, and the facilities were fantastic!

We were staying in a "toy-hauler" trailer (we had electrical/water hookups, thank goodness!) and were snug as ever. For those who don't know, this entire show takes place on a polo field. The footing is great- short, level grass. And, we were fortunate enough to have a great spot close to the grounds that was also on grass...fun for the dogs outside in ex-pens enjoying the sunshine once the winds died down.

It was pretty amazing how everyone got the place cleaned up so quickly. A group effort to be sure. The club put on a great show, and I certainly hope they didn't lose any money because of the weather and the damage to the tents, etc.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Wow, that could have done serious "damage" to humans and dogs.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

That is impressive. I hate those tents when it is windy I won't stay under them. I saw one collapse as a child and trap people so they still make my nervous. I am glad no one was hurt and all the pupsters were safe.