UPDATE: PLEASE PRAY IF YOU ARE UP - Tankie is out of Emergency Surgery For Tumor
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: PLEASE PRAY IF YOU ARE UP - Tankie is out of Emergency Surgery For Tumor

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

DefaultUPDATE: PLEASE PRAY IF YOU ARE UP - Tankie is out of Emergency Surgery For Tumor

Update 12:30 am Saturday

He made it through the surgery. I just got off the phone with the surgeon. She said that if he would have been left to tomorrow morning he most likely would have died he was bleeding internally so bad. A dog his size has approx 3 ltrs of blood in their body. He had 1 ltr in his abdominal cavity. She did a Gastropexy while in there to prevent GVD (twisted stomach) because speen removal makes them more supceptible to it. There was a mass on a liver lobe that she also biopsied but said could be nothing. Left kidney had a clot but that she was also not worried about that. He will get plasma tonight and a transfusion in the am if needed. She said he was actively bleeding when she went in but feels at closure that all bleeding had been halted. He will have to stay there until Tuesday most likely. She did not see any other tumor activity going on.

It will take 5 days to get the pathology back to find out whether it is cancer of not...............going to be a long week next week. Thank god my boss in going to China on Tuesday!

I guess what prayers we got in did the trick for him making it through this surgery. Thanks to all of you.

I want to go over to that ER Clinic and kick that crap out of that doctor.

Although the likelihood of cancer is 2/3 higher than it being benign I am just happy right now he is "alive" and did not have to be euthanized.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know where to start right now. This started Friday night at 11:30 when we got home from dinner. He would not get up and come to the door. I found him in the bathroom on the floor. To 24 hr Emergency....no luck they said he might die during the night.

This morning off to A&M after he collapsed on the way to food bowl.

He is in surgery right now.

He has a tumor on his spleen that rutured that means he lost blood and it is in the abdominal cavity. They ultrasound on heart and spleen area and did not find further tumors but that is not to say they are not there or may be small.

Possible things that will happen here.

#1 - They get in to remove the spleen. They find small tumors also and proceed to take out the spleen. If there are small ones they will progress as the last one but he would maybe have 6 months or more of a decent life.

#2 - They get in and there is another large tumor that did not show up on ultra sound. At that point they will euthanize him.

Then the question will be is is cancer. There is a 10% chance it could be benign.

I will post when I hear.

I am still in total shock. We thought the encepalitis was coming back. Those docs at A&M are fabluous. They did not stop until they knew exactly what was wrong with him. The first clue was his blood pressure was precariously low. The ER vet did not take his blood pressure.
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: PLEASE PRAY IF YOU ARE UP - Tankie is in Emergency Surgery For Tumor

:'(
    I'm so sorry to hear this Sandie. I'll be sending my best thoughts and lots of prayers to Tankie until you update us.

I'll be up for a few more hours at least so he'll have my prayers until I can't keep my eyes open anymore.

Hang in there, we're all here with you.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. :'(

I will pray that Tankie recovers and they are able to help him.
    Hang tight Tankie.

<3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh wow Sandie.....

I am so sorry! Good thoughts headed your way!

Mia&Buddy is offline Senior Member

Oh Sandie. I am just sick hearing this. I am so sorry that you are going through this. You will have our strongest prayers. We're really pulling for Tankie.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Oh my gosh, I'm just shocked. Sending good thoughts and prayers for Tank. I'll be up for a bit and will be checking for news. Sandie, hugs to you.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

I'm still up also!

So sorry to hear about Tankie, he is Mr. Adorable.

Our prayers are on the way.

Annette, Fanny and Eddie

Im so sorry to hear about Tankie, lots of prayers for tankie and you

MickeysMom is offline Senior Member

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about this! I'm sending good thoughts and prayers to you, and Mickey and I have our fingers and paws crossed. I hope Tankie gets well quickly. Good Luck!
    WooT!<br /><br /><br />He made it too! <br />

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

OMG...healing prayers for Tankie and for you Sandi. Please keep us updated, I will be thinking about Tankie nonstop until I hear.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast