Animal Planet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animal Planet

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnimal Planet

Did anyone see Animal Planet tonight? I was watching Animal Cops or something like that. They were dealing with owners in NYC who had neglected their dogs. By neglect in this case owners simply did not feed them. It was awful. Fortunately those pups were rescued and are being given the care they need. I just don't get it why people do those sorts of things.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Animal Planet

It's so hard for me to watch that show. I get so mad at people! I usually end up crying and hugging Brigetta and Prudence. I don't remember the details, but on one of the episodes there was this women who went out of town and a relative or neighbor was watching her dog. Well the dog had a chain around it's neck which had become embedded in the dogs skin. It was horrible. Fleshy skin was coming out through the holes of the chain! Each link had to be cut out! The woman wasn't even charged because she was out of town and left the dog in someone else's care!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Quote Originally Posted by Brigettas Mom
    It's so hard for me to watch that show. I get so mad at people! I usually end up crying and hugging Brigetta and Prudence. I don't remember the details, but on one of the episodes there was this women who went out of town and a relative or neighbor was watching her dog. Well the dog had a chain around it's neck which had become embedded in the dogs skin. It was horrible. Fleshy skin was coming out through the holes of the chain! Each link had to be cut out! The woman wasn't even charged because she was out of town and left the dog in someone else's care!
    How long was she gone!? >

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I watch this sometimes. I'm not sure why because it is so sad and distressing to see some of these poor animals. I guess I love to see the "sometimes" happy endings.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigettas Mom
    Well the dog had a chain around it's neck which had become embedded in the dogs skin. It was horrible.
    This seems to happen quite often to varying degrees. One episode the dogs flesh was full of maggots. Can you imagine neglecting a dog to this point. Absolutely sickening!

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I watch all the Animal Cops -- the Miami one, the Detroit one, etc. The cruelty that goes on is sickening. I love the success stories though -- sweet justice for the poor animals who have suffered.

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

I watch the show sometimes, but more often not. I simply can not stand seeing what some people do to their dogs, who they claim to care about so much. I breaks my heart knowing that animals are treated this way.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by the_4_sides
    How long was she gone!? >
    I don't remember all the details. It was so sad though.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

emccase is offline Senior Member

I too have a hard time watching this show. It tends to make you feel so helpless no matter how involved you get with rescue, donations etc it just never ends. Its very frustrating but thank god for everyone out there doing what they can to bring justice love and peace to these poor animals.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mckenzie the lab and Maddie the Mastiff wanna be.

BaileyDawg Guest

I have a hard time watching what these people have done to their animals, or have allowed to happen to them, but yeah I watch Animal Cops Houston, Miami and Detroit. After all the rubbish you see day in and day out with animals being abused and even killed, I like to see some of them being rescued and getting the attention they need and deserve.

I think I've seen that one with the chain link being cut out of the neck... the one I saw was horrible! The skin had begun to try and heal over the links in places. Poor dog, it was so good during the exam considering the state it was in.

dos0711 is offline Member

I'd rather watch the agility shows, dog U and championships!

.............Beau.........................Luke.... .....................Josie........................ Huck..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast