Unsolicited Testimonial - A GREAT DOG PRODUCT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsolicited Testimonial - A GREAT DOG PRODUCT

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

DefaultUnsolicited Testimonial - A GREAT DOG PRODUCT

The participant in this announcment has not been compensated, nor does he have any affiliation with the producer of the item he is endorsing.

I have been searching for a LONG time to find a worthwhile, sturdy, reliable lighted collar for Wesley. Walking him during the early mornings/late nights is truly dangerous, as he's virtually invisible.

I happened on the following SAR collar and ordered one back in Aug. The supplier had difficulties, and it ended up not coming 'til this week. Here's a look:

I am SO totally impressed w/this. It wears like iron (the collar snaps around Wesley's neck with three snaps and is comfortable), the light is very bright, and it has already out-lasted two other lighted collars I've tried in the past.

SU kids Wes, telling him he looks like the Jetson's dog, Astro, when he's all lit up. I don't care; I know now that he's safe!!!!

I would recommend this collar without reservation to anyone worried about walking a dark-colored dog after/before sunset/rise. THEY ARE NOT CHEAP, but well worth the outlay.

Here's a link. http://www.auroralites.com/k9safety.asp

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Unsolicited Testimonial - A GREAT DOG PRODUCT

Dan,

Love this collar!!! You are right about it not being cheap, but when you consider it is for your pups safety, I would gladly spend the $$$.

I will likely get on of these for Lexi to use since like you Lexi & I walk early in the mornings (before 6:00 am) and in the evenings after dark.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

I agree, well worth the money! I don't walk my dogs where I live but when I travel I often do. Over Christmas we spent the week in a sub-division and I took my dogs for walks daily and nightly and REALLY would have felt safer if I had one of these on my black boy!
    Kim

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Dan, STOP IT!

:chants, "I do not need a cool glowing collar. I do not need a cool glowing collar..."

And it's bluuuuue! Pretty! It would match my dashboard!

"I do not need..." etc.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Simon --- Dis is Wesley... You'd look awesome, dude, in a glowy blue electric collar. It not only keeps me safe, but I'm finding it's a chick-magnet! Hoo-hoooooo!!!

JollyMolly Guest

Do you put the lighted one on over Wes' braided leather collar or do you have to take that off to put the lighted one on?

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Laurie, I was wondering the same. I think it's in addition to the regular collar, b/c I don't see a D ring. Also, with snaps, I would think it would become undone if you have a pulling dog.

Not sure though...
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Yes, I leave Wesley's braided collar on, and this lighted one fits 'behind' it, lower down on his neck. I had them reversed, but when the light was closer to his head, he'd see it in his peripheral vision and try to chase it. Dummy! :

These lit collars are NOT for leashes.

We have a little flashing red ball that hooks onto Otis's collar that we use. We call it his "shiny disco ball".

We have a fenced in yard and it's fairly large, so at night we can lose sight of him in it. He's snuck out a few times, and we got this so we can keep an eye on him. It's quite funny to look out back in the pitch black and see his little red light flashing on and off looking like it's floating along all by itself. It looks kinda like the blue light special lights that K-mart used to have back in the day, but red.

One more bennie that I discovered this morning: I can let Wes off-leash at the park, despite the early morning murk. He and I were there alone this morning, and I let him free, and I could spot him easily.

I wouldn't DARE do this w/out the lit collar.

Him so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast