Mulch for Mud

Thread: Mulch for Mud

Jade63 is offline Senior Member

DefaultMulch for Mud

Happy New Year to all my friends at the board.I just read an article that putting down mulch along a fence where your dog has made a lot mud will help the problem. Now something tells me that I heard ( maybe onthis board) that if your dog eats it( which mine definately will) they will get very sick. I know I tried straw and my Lab ate it and it made her bad diarreha.Please help as my yard is a pileof mud and so is my dog when she comes in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Mulch for Mud

I use mulch and I've never had a problem with them eating it.

Pine straw would work well also. *edited* you said you tried straw...maybe dead leaves that you've raked?

Maybe others have better suggestions or input.

Mine will eat mulch - and those that don't eat it will carry it around and redistribute it for me.
    We have a spot near our back door that is getting a bit bare in places and so hubby decided to mulch it even after I warned him that the piggies would think that mulch is either a great new treat or a wonderful new toy.

Now I spend a large portion of my at-home time telling the monsters to "leave it" or picking pieces up from my floor. Bella will bring it in the house - 1 piece at a time, hidden in her mouth and deposit them on her dog bed or lay down and shred a small peice of mulch into teeny tiny pieces of mulch. Loads of fun for me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

I have used bales of bedding straw. My two don't eat it but they do like to distribute it. I had 4 bales stacked in the yard and after playing "king of the hill", they broke the bales on me.

I have mud everywhere and it's hard to keep up with it. :P
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

There is a mulch that has cocoa bean shells in it that IS poisonous to dogs. Just make sure the one you are using does not have them in it and I think you'll be fine.