I am so stupid
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am so stupid

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultI am so stupid

I think I have been so caught up in trying to train Tal I forgot to just spend time playing with him. Today I took him to my school for about an hour. There is a very large fenced in area and I went there to do some training drills. I'm not sure what came over me but I just dedcided to let him play. So I threw and he fertched and brought it back. He seemed to want me to join in with his fun as much as he enjoyed fetching and all. And he ran and just had a ball! We even played keep away..lol.

I think I got reminded today that it is not all about training and having a well behaved dog. Not trying to minimize that at all but I am gonna make more time to just play with him and be together and have fun.

BTW..he is wore out too...lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I am so stupid

Awww sounds like you two had a great time. I enjoying playing with Emma too.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Emma the Lab
    Awww sounds like you two had a great time. I enjoying playing with Emma too.
    We did and I didn't wanna leave. But at 5 months, I never let him go for more than an hour. I'm not sure who was having the better time!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

I loooove playing with the girls. I absolutely love when I can take them to a biiiig grassy area and they can just run and be dogs ;D It brings a smile to my face knowing that they are having fun
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog
    We did and I didn't wanna leave. But at 5 months, I never let him go for more than an hour. I'm not sure who was having the better time!
    That is good thinking!!!! Kudos to you. Many people doesn't understand that part. A couple in my neighborhood biking with their 8 month old mix and have done so for at least a couple of months. I have tried to talk to the woman once, but she doesn't seem to understand... :-\ Well it's her choice, but I feel bad for the puppy.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Emma the Lab
    Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog
    That is good thinking!!!! Kudos to you. Many people doesn't understand that part. A couple in my neighborhood biking with their 8 month old mix and have done so for at least a couple of months. I have tried to talk to the woman once, but she doesn't seem to understand... :-\ Well it's her choice, but I feel bad for the puppy.
    Biking with and 8 month old puppy!!?? That sounds like serious orthopedic problems just waiting to happen. I wish folks would think through things carefully..**sigh** Like you I really feel for the puppy because he is in for some serious health problems.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't say you were "stupid", but I am GLAD you "see the light"... life is too short to be all work, and no play......

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Kwinon is offline Senior Member

I agree, not stupid at all, you just had a light bulb moment:
    Playing with Tal is one of the best things about having him!
    but I don't think you should worry . . .
    I'm sure Tal will remind you when it's time to play!

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Not stupid in the least bit! It's a learning curve.
    Just observing them in their own natural behaviour, what they respond to naturally, what piques their interest, what might stress them, what their inate tendencies are teaches us more about them than anything.

You have to know their own dogness for you to know how best to work with them.

Seamus and Flynn

I often do that with Tuck. I forget that "training" doesn't have to happen 24/7.
    I feel if I let her "play" and be a "puppy" all our work is gone. IT"S NOT! I am so glad you've seen that in yourself, although i am sure you're harder on yourself than you think, and you took tal to play today.
    I bet he had a ton of fun and will be looking forward to more time with you! ;D when does your classes start??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast