It's raining again, and our yard

Thread: It's raining again, and our yard

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultIt's raining again, and our yard

Is a mess!!! It is so muddy, I don't know how we will get grass to grow in the spring. The girls want to go out and play ball but it is too messy out there. Where the heck is the snow??? What's with all the stinking rain? I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana and we jokingly call it Fort Rain but it's not too far off. This weather is wack. Poor Rush and Boo, they love to play ball. Even the dog park is puddling with water. UGH!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: It's raining again, and our yard

I'm with you, my yard is slowly becoming a mud pit. Darn warm weather.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Ugh, I feel for you. Our yard is a disaster. We tried for some grass in the fall, and it was doing pretty well, but the boys promptly beat it into submission. :-\ Watching them tear around the yard, I wonder if it will ever be green again. No wonder it's so hard to keep the house clean.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Merlot_1 Guest

Our yard is a disaster, also. Here in northern Illinois, it has rainsd every day since December 20th, and I have one big mud hole for a back yard > I am sure glad we got rid of our carpet and went with hardwood floors Much easier to clean!

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Our yard is a disaster as well. I make the girls wear boots when it's like this so I don't have to mop my floors every 5 minutes. It doesn't help the grass (or lack of it) but it's helping my house out a wee bit.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Manteo's Mom is offline Senior Member

We have all mud too. Hubby and I will have to re seed the whole back yard in the spring.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Mud pit here, too. The kitchen floor remains a disaster and I just quit changing jeans and sweatshirts every day because they're mudded up with paw prints in no time. Oh well, I'd rather have the cuddles than a pristine set of play clothes.

Seamus and Flynn

I broke down and bought some weed free hay and spread it across the middle of my yard where my winter grass does not exist. This atleast keeps it from being so much of a bog and mud pit.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by azlab
    I broke down and bought some weed free hay and spread it across the middle of my yard where my winter grass does not exist. This atleast keeps it from being so much of a bog and mud pit.
    Good idea. I wonder if the hay would stay put with 7 dogs running around on it or if it would kind of get pushed to the sides of the yard. Worth a try, I guess. A couple of bales? The RHG is 50' x 75' but I only need to cover about half of that.

Seamus and Flynn

We have the same problem every winter. We don't get snow to help it out either...so we just end up with a mud pit. It seems as soon as I get the grass back in shape it's winter and I have to start all over again.

Shiners feet suck up so much mud and water too, I've started calling her SpongePaw ChocolateDog.