nm

Thread: nm

Defaultnm

nm

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: She's foaming at the mouth ??

She could have been stressed or tired?

Some of Zoe's friends will have foam at their mouths when they play "chicken." They get very excited.

Zoe will sometimes foam at the bottom of her mouth at the beach, and I just take it that it's also from excitement. She doesn't drool, though.

Hope it's nothing serious.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

She may have just felt stressed or had anxiety over the frisbee being on top of the poop. Over the holidays we were at my mother's and Brigetta was foaming out of the side of her mouth. I would have taken her to the vet, but she was eating and going to the bathroom and playing around like she normally does and I knew she hadn't gotten into anything since we had been traveling in the car. After the first day the foaming stopped and she was just drooling more, when we came home it stopped.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Merlot_1 Guest

I wouldn't worry. Merlot foams at the mouth when ever he is on a walk. Then he shakes his head and gets it all over me! My vet said that is normal for retrievers and hounds, some foam more than others when they are excited.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

up until just a few wks. ago, whenever we went to the off leash park Sammi would foam at the mouth. I always just attributed it to her being so excited. I have noticed that the last few trip's this hasn't happend, even though she still gets so excited, maybe she is just growing up!! ;D

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Any time we go out and play ball or frisbee, Rush has a bad case of foam mouth. It's gross. :P Everything gets covered in it. ewwww. Boo, never foams. I guess it's just one thing that makes them different.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Ranger will foam when he is anxious. I put the boys in the yard while getting their food ready. If I'm tardy, Ranger will foam. Then I go out and find strings of foam on Ranger and/or Reggie's head (Ranger will shake his head and it goes flying)

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Tal will foam at the mouth when he gets really excited, like when meeting new people or something like that. He definitely gets excited when going for a walk, ride or to play but doesn't foam at the mouth that much.

I think Bailey was just excited or something. With no other symptoms, sounds normal for her.