Why wont she use her doghouse in the rain?

Thread: Why wont she use her doghouse in the rain?

DefaultWhy wont she use her doghouse in the rain?

I don't get it - I think maybe she's nuts.

If we're with her, she'll sniff outside in the rain all day. Doesnt phase her a bit. If the weather's nice, she's perfectly fine on her own for a few hours lying around the (fenced-in) yard chewing sticks. But if she gets caught in a rainshower while we're not home she flips out - barks, and runs back and forth from back to side door asking to be let in.

We bought her a doghouse for the times we can't prevent her being outside in the rain (If we expect gross weather she goes in the crate or to daycare), and she does not catch on. She'll go in it and sniff, but never stays there.

Any thoughts on what's going on in her doggy brain or how to teach her to go in her nice dry doggyhouse if it happens to rain?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Merlot_1 Guest

DefaultRe: Why wont she use her doghouse in the rain?

I don't know, Merlot is nuts, also..but in the oposite way! If it starts to rain he will bang against the door to go OUTSIDE! He loves playing in the rain. He even jumps up and trys to catch the rain drops in his mouth! I guess he gets bored sometimes and rain is exciting for him ???