What do you think of Petsmart?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Petsmart?

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat do you think of Petsmart?

All this time I thought we didn't have a Petsmart..turns out we do. It's a pretty good ways from where I live but I decided to take Tal out there this afternoon.

Maybe because it was a relatively new store, but I thought it was alot cleaner than Petco and a better selection of stuff. They seemed better stocked, especially for after Christmas.

Tal behaved really well too. I was almost surprised. Granted he was tired from his play date this morning but still he has been alot more energetic after such events before. There was a guy there with his chocolate Lab...they started down one end of the aisle about the same time Tal and I were entering the other end. We both looked at eachother...and thought the same thing...better keep these two separated...they would play together all night!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BlackLabJax is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What do you think of Petsmart?

I found that www.PetEdge.com is the best. Inexpensive and quick compared to Petsmart or Petco.

I like both. I find Petsmart is bigger but if I am looking for something specific I have better luck with Petco. They are across the street from one another about 1/2 mile from me so I frequent both.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We got to both Petsmart and Petco. I like Petsmart by us better than the Petco. They always seem to have more than the Petco. The people at the Petsmart here too are more friendly. ;D

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

The Petsmart in our area is much nicer, cleaner and the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Petco has sort of gone down hill lately.

BuddyHsMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLabJax
    I found that www.PetEdge.com is the best. Inexpensive and quick compared to Petsmart or Petco.
    After reading your post I went to check out PetEdge. I thought the prices were great! Then I went to check out and found that they charge a "processing fee" which was $14.99, and ALSO shipping, which was going to be over $8.00!! Not a good deal when you add another $23 plus to the order. How disappointing

Lilprincee is offline Senior Member

We have both near our home. Petsmart seems to have more of the items I use....however Petco has the self wash in their grooming area and if I need to bathe Princess in the winter months I take her there. I took her there this past week and gave her a really good bath. I like their setup for the self wash. It only cost $10.00 and they supply everything.
    [IMG]/[/IMG]

sloigo is offline Senior Member

When I do dog transports, they have a petco at one of my regular spots. They are ok cause they have some stuff that Petsmart does not have BUT I have found they do not appear as clean to me & they do not have nearly as large of a selection. They just have different stuff so it's a nice stop once in a while.
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. Your impression is the same as mine...I wish Petsmart was closer but I'll probably check it out from time to time.

After reading your post I went to check out PetEdge. I thought the prices were great! Then I went to check out and found that they charge a "processing fee" which was $14.99, and ALSO shipping, which was going to be over $8.00!! Not a good deal when you add another $23 plus to the order. How disappointing.
    Petedge has a minimum order or they wack you with the 14.99 charge. I forget how much it is but I think it was 50.00 or 60.00. If you have any one who also wants petedge stuff go in with them. It saves some of shipping and the order minimum charge. Or order 2 or 3 of your dogs favorite things they are kind of free if you avoid the charge. I have been very happy with toys I get from Petedge and it comes fast! Also I hear they have an outlet store about 3/4 hour away that has really good deals but I have not been there yet. (Woburn, MA)

Sue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast