Toy Storage?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Storage?

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultToy Storage?

Our girl has a tonne of toys... just wondering how I could have these things more organized in a puppy friendly bin ~ any advice?
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Toy Storage?

For Christmas we picked up a "good dog toy box" at our local pets mart. It's cute, but a lot smaller then I thought. It's got a cover on it that just flaps over. I would say it wasn't worth the $22 we paid. Before that we used a laundry basket. The toy box doesn't even come close to fitting all our toys we have. Im sure someone out there will have a good suggestion

As a side note speaking of toys... We spent $237 on TOYS at petsmart for christmas (excluding the 22.00 on the toy box) and there is NOTHING left to show except two rock hard nyla bones the dogs have NO intrest in. I was so frustrated when I realized they had destroyred everything else. We got some cheap squeeky toys (that I thought would at least last a day), but for the most part I tried to pick out what I thought would be durable toys that even said on them "for chewers". The only toys that last in our house are black Kongs and marrow bones.

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

Rowan has a couple of stuffys she has had for several months ~ rogz and akc squirrel thingy... and I must say.. they are still intact..... the only thing she has wrecked was a dollar store boomerang but that was to be expected. Sorry to hear about the 'destructables'. :-[
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

i went to lowes and just got a basket that i liked. i soaked the outside of it in bitter apple before i put it on the floor, and she hasn't even attempted to chew it up. it's been 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Heids533
    As a side note speaking of toys... We spent $237 on TOYS at petsmart for christmas (excluding the 22.00 on the toy box) and there is NOTHING left to show except two rock hard nyla bones the dogs have NO intrest in. I was so frustrated when I realized they had destroyred everything else. We got some cheap squeeky toys (that I thought would at least last a day), but for the most part I tried to pick out what I thought would be durable toys that even said on them "for chewers". The only toys that last in our house are black Kongs and marrow bones.
    OUCH!

I just have a wicker basket I got when I brought him home. He's only tried to chew it once - told him NO and he's never tried to again.

Whatever you do, get something the toys won't outgrow, something you don't care if gets chewed (in case it does), and something that will last, or be inexpensively replaced.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

We have laundry baskets.
    They are economical, but there's no real organization. We just dump toys inside, in any order.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

We throw Rocky's toys in a wicker basket as well and keep it on top of his crate where he can't get at it. We pull out a few toys at a time and keep changing it up on him so he thinks stuff is new. ;D

I have wicker laundry baskets ... one for upstairs toys and one for downstairs toys. They have not chewed the wicker (Shanny DO NOT CALL THEM). They know it's "their's" for their stuff. Now Sunjin needs to come over and teach them to put their toys back!
    Oh and they are cheap; $3.99 at Michaels and huge.

I just got big copper party bevarage cooler at target. Since ZsaZsa thought
    wicker basket I used to use was part of her "toy" I needed something she cannot chew on. So far it is working great. Looks nice too.
    I can't find the exact thing I got at Target, but it was after Christmas sale, and
    only $20. Something similar is the web link one.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000IUYTLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast