Mia is not doing well (updated at top)
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mia is not doing well (updated at top)

sloigo is offline Senior Member

DefaultMia is not doing well (updated at top)

UPDATE: (Friday morning) Well we take her back to the office in the morning to have a drain put in that mass. He said that is filled with fluid that hardens when it has nowhere to go. It will have to be drained & then a drain, left in there till Tuesday or Wed (which is when her other results are to be in). He said the urinary problems could be due to her age & hormones or the surgery, which sometimes just messes with their system for a while......I didn't even say anything about the other things, they are just like people Dr.s until the results are in their hands they won't do anything. So a drain tomorrow morning & just more waiting & rubbing her chest & neck. Thats all she wants in the evening. Ms. Independent, wants to be held & rubbed & that is what we have been doing. Thanks EVERYONE! This waiting game is terrible!

We are taking our poor Bella Mia to the vet in the morning. I am asking for something for pain to help keep her comfortable when she needs it. I hope he tells me I am wrong but I know in my heart what the outcome is going to be for her. The area that her thyriod was removed from has continued to grow & she is now having other symptoms. She had a urinary accident while sleeping on me the other day, she didn't even try to get up & then in the night the same thing, where she slept. She hasn't had a accident in years! She does ok in the day when we are up & active, I guess she doesn't sleep as heavy. She started coughing yesterday after she exherts herself & now she has moments of deep labored breathing then very shallow. Every day is one or two more symptoms. It is all so fast.....The test results are not supposed to be in until after the first. Here are a few pics of her. The raised area is NOT fluid, it feels like a fiberous tissue. The "lump" does not appear to cause her pain, the pain appears to be in the areas it is activily growing. She is only 5. I believe what she had was a Thyroid adenocarcinoma. We will see. :-[
    She will be the third of our babies that we will have lost in less than six months if this is accurate. Molly Blu 2.5, Magic 11 (my cat) two months ago, now this. :'( Mia is Lori & my's first baby. I will post when we get back from the Dr in the morning.

From below to show the depth of the growth.

Outside a few minutes later. I try to take her on a few short walks, she likes that.
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Mia is not doing well

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about Mia. My heart breaks for you. I will pray that Mia will have more happy comfortable weeks and months here with you. (((HUGS)))

Very sorry to hear about all of the problems.I hope things get better.I really hate seeing an animal suffereing and not much can be done.You are doing everything you can to help her.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

:'( (((HUGS))) Good thoughts and prayers for Mia and you.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am sorry to hear about Mia's problems. I will keep her in my prayers.

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry she's not doing well. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. :'(

sorry shes not doing too well, kepe us updated when you can, your in our thoughts

Ahhh, I'm sorry about Mia. We're sending hugs, good thoughts, and prayers your way.
    Hope everything turns out ok.

TBGSAM is offline Senior Member

Mia is a beautiful girl, she will be in our thoughts and prayers today long with both of you.
    Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05, Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

I can't tell you how much I hope you are wrong and this is a minor problem easily corrected. You and Mia are in my thoughts and prayers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast