Trickster ...

Thread: Trickster ...

DefaultTrickster ...

I noticed in a recent post that you said "over here" ... I looked to see where you are, and saw West Sussex. Fun to see because Ivy was born in Ely, and Raleigh was born in Peterborough ... we are stateside now, but lived for many years in Cambridge. Miss it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Trickster ...

Cool! one of our old Cocker Spaniels came to us from Peterborough.

I doubt you would miss the UK with the cold, miserable weather and ridiculous house prices!

House prices ... you're right, we don't miss that. But the weather ... there is none better for a Lab.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

What are the quarantine requirements for animals in The USA ?

How long were you separated ?

We came over in 2002 and there were no quarantine requirements (someone correct me if that has changed).

We chose to fly out of Heathrow direct to Washington Dulles because it was the shortest direct flight to a manageably-sized US airport. We "interviewed" several airlines, and found that British Airways best met our needs ... we felt that they had the best rules and routines, as well as having the best "cabin" for pets.

BA required a health screening to ensure that the dogs were healthy enough for the flight. We also completed "livestock import" paperwork. When we arrived at Dulles, both dogs (in their crates) were waiting with an attendent in the area after immigration, but before customs. We took possession of the crates, wheeled them through customs, and no one ever worried to look at our paperwork. ??? Yikes!

It all went smoothly but, bar none, that is the most nervous day that I have ever had in my life. Ever.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

But the weather ... there is none better for a Lab.
    True! very true. I was going to say that we don't have extreme temperatures but I'd be wrong...the thermometers almost hit 100 degrees this summer.

What are the quarantine requirements for animals in The USA ?
    The UK is a rabies free country so as far as I am aware, there are no quarantine requirements on dogs coming from the UK to the US. However, coming from the US (rabies) to most European countries (no rabies), I believe there is a quarantine period. I think Australia and New Zealand are also rabies free so I guess the same applies for them.