Popping/clicking joints

Thread: Popping/clicking joints

DefaultPopping/clicking joints

I've noticed the last few weeks that Mocha's joints pop/or crack/or click occasionally. It's hard to describe but it reminds me of my BIL's ankle that pops when he's walking it's just a short click. She dosn't seem to be bothered by it and I've never seen her limp or walk funny. I can't tell for sure which leg/joint it's coming from but I think it's one of her back legs. I've tried manipulating them myself some but could not reproduce the sound. It seems like it's getting more frequent but maybe I'm just noticing it more because I'm listening for it.
    She's 2 1/2 years old and her parents were both hip/elbow cleared. Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking about having her hind legs x-rayed but I hate to put her through that if it's nothing.
    Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Popping/clicking joints

If it continues, you need to do the xrays or just ignore it. Obviously it's not causing pain otherwise the dog would be limping. But just because the parents were OFA certified (both hips/elbows??) doesn't mean you won't end up with a pup with orthopedic problem. There is no 100% guarantee even with 2 EXCELLENT rated parents.

If you live in an area where you can easily find an orthopedic vet, I would taken them in there vs. a regular vet if you decide to pursue it.