Do you think your lab(s) would...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think your lab(s) would...

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

DefaultDo you think your lab(s) would...

...protect you if you were attacked by a person on your walks?

Just something I thought of when we were walking in the trail this evening.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do you think your lab(s) would...

Absolutely yes. No question in my mind.

It's ironic, because I know Crash would never have shown any type of aggression towards people. And he was a Rottweiler/Pit Bull mix. So there ya go.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I often wonder the same thing. Scotty barks if somebody rings the doorbell or knocks on my office door. So, he has some instinct to protect. I don't know how far that instinct would take him if I was in real danger. I hope we'll never have to find out.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Somehow I doubt it.

Laura

um.... Tuck's 14 weeks, so I don't think she would, she'd probably lay down beside me and try to lick my face off... But I am sure as they get older, they all would, even if they show NO signs of it. They are very loyal and good dogs!

Give me a little more time to tell you what I think on that with Rowdy, Midnite my last one I would say yes for sure. I am sure Rowdy would with Lexie.

Last Friday my mom let Cinnamon out because she started to bark and go wild. Mom figured cat in the yard as usual.

Well as Cinnamon bolted out mom saw her running towards a cop with gun drawn standing on our block fence coming in from the alley. The cop yelled at mom to stay where she was and close the door and lock it and get away from it. Well Cinnamon was jumping up at him on he fence howling like mad thank goodness it is a 7 1/2 foot fence back there so she couldn't reach him. (Our yards slopes so the fence runs from 6 foot to 7 1/2 foot)

By this time mom had yelled for me as I was in cleaning my bathroom. Then the phone rang and it was another officer who told me to open the door and call the dog in but not to step outside. When I opened the patio door there were now 3 cops on the fence one on both side walls and the one on the alley wall all of them had guns drawn pointed into our yard and I could hear more in our neighbors yards and the alley. Thank goodness Cinnamon came the first time I told her to come. One of the cops came off the side fence and into the house wanting to know if we had seen anyone run through our yard or could anyone be in the house. We knew no one was in the house as the alarm system was on except to the patio door which Cinnamon uses. So he went back out and joined the others who were searching our yard.

Come to find out one of the neighbors cousin who was staying with them decided to run from the cops when they caught him doing donuts in the parks parking lot. He ran from them because of unpaid tickets. He drove across our yard abandoned his car on their lawn ran into their garage that was open and into the house and hid in his closet. They weren't sure if he lived there or it was a home invasion or if he had just ran through the garage and out the garage door into the backyard and jumped the fence. This is one stupid 18 year old the park is right across the street from the police sub-station so they mustered 30 cars quickly as it was shift change. He blew through a school zone as the kids were letting out and ran them up and down several streets and alleys.

I don't know if Cinnamon would have bit him if she could have reached him but she sure was making enough noise and jumping up at the cop.

Kathryn Guest

Maggie yes I can NOT let anyone in my house with out putting her in a room or crate first(excpet for a few people she is okay with). Dakota... She thinks everyone is her friend.

I honestly think that they would be so confused that they wouldn't know what to do. But, let's hope that they prove me wrong if they ever need to! ;D

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I hope we'll never have to find out.
    Ditto that Tatyana.

Wow Karon how scary! I'm glad you have a high fence!

I guess I never really will find out if Emma will protect me or not..But I think people might avoid attacking people with dogs.

~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast