What price?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What price?

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat price?

Today we broke the 100 mark for ducks harvested this season. In fact, we ended the day with nine for a season total of 101 so far.

Some FWIW statistics:

Total days in season: .................................................. ................................ 74 (100%)

Days of season through today: .................................................. .................... 43 (58.1%)

Days hunted: .................................................. ............................................. 35 (81.4%)

Day's not hunted: .................................................. ...................................... 8 (18.6%)

Number of ducks harvested .................................................. ........................ 101

Average harvest per day hunted .................................................. .............. 2.89

Average duration of each hunt .................................................. ................... 90 Mins.

Retrieves made by Cappy .................................................. ........................ 36

Retrieves made by Remi .................................................. .............................. 33

Retrieves by guest dawgs .................................................. ............................ 32

Total cost of planting, fertilizing, cultivating and maintaining ponds this year $735

Total costs of licenses, stamps, fuel and ammuninition ................................. $210

Minimum total direct costs to hunt this season ........................................... $945

Based on 101 harvested, cost/duck season-to-date ..................................... $9.37

Value of hunting with wife, friends and our two dawgs ................. Absolutely Priceless
    Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: What price?

That's some expensive duck meat...lol I'm sure it's absolutely worth it though to see the look on the dogs faces and the quality time spent with your wife and friends.

Hunter is offline Senior Member

Pretty good for the season!

What do you guys do with all that meat, hope you give some to the pups , for all the hard work they deserve it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Nice Jim!

I was going to ask the same thing as Hunter - what do you do with the ducks, do you eat them?

I must say though, I feel bad for their mates. They must wonder where they went. I don't know about mallards, but I know that geese mate for life. No, I'm not bashing hunting at all, I'm just sayin'.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Eeks! You must have been reading my mind. One of my first JL thoughts this morning was to wonder how many ducks you had at this point.

Thank you for posting it, Swami. 8)

Seamus and Flynn

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I never thought about all the expenses involved, it "seem" expensive until you break it down "per duck"......

You sure got some fantastic pics to show for it though !

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

I broke down deer hunting by the dollar per pound one time. I figured at one point we were eating pretty expensive meat.

I don't deer hunt much anymore and I miss the good ole days.

You can't put a price on "quality time" with the dogs.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

He forgot to add a catagory - number of labs turned into spoiled rotten huntin' labs. - 1 - Ria

Worth every penny, I'd say!!! Lucky you!!!

Happy New Year!

Bev.

Jim, I meant to ask you this before. What is the purpose of the vest Ria is wearing? I was watching a show the other day and the guy told his dog that, "This vest could save your life." It is the same vest.
    Olie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast