Non-Lab (Looking for Chesapeake Bay Retriever Breeder)

Thread: Non-Lab (Looking for Chesapeake Bay Retriever Breeder)

curly is offline Senior Member

DefaultNon-Lab (Looking for Chesapeake Bay Retriever Breeder)

Just a shot in the dark..... does anyone know a reputable breeder of Chesapeake Bay Retrievers near North Carolina? I've got a friend that is looking for a 'chessie' and we are having a hard time finding one in eastern NC and I am sure he would travel for the right dog.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Non-Lab (Looking for Chesapeake Bay Retriever Breeder)

You can probably start your search by checking out the American Chessie Club's website.

http://www.amchessieclub.org/

I am sure they have a list of breeders there. Since I do Chessie rescue I don't have much occasion to check on breeders.

My second suggestion would be to contact Sandie at New York Chessie Rescue. She does rescue, but has bred and shown CBR's for many years and can tell you who has the proper lines for the type of Chessie you want. She will not mince words and will tell you if a particular breeder has good dogs or not. She has been my mentor in the breed and has always been right on with the info I needed.

NY CBR Rescue, Inc.
    Sandie Pappa
    Phone: (607) 535-7069
    E-mail: [email protected]

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me as well if you need any other help.
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

DefaultRe: Non-Lab (Looking for Chesapeake Bay Retriever Breeder)

Friends of mine have a Chessie named Simon. I can find out where they got him.
    Olie