OMG! Cinder ate a 2lb box of Frango Chocolate Mints *UPDATE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG! Cinder ate a 2lb box of Frango Chocolate Mints *UPDATE

DefaultOMG! Cinder ate a 2lb box of Frango Chocolate Mints *UPDATE

Cinder woke me at 1:20 am. I let her out when I came down and she made a b-line for the downspout in the yard to get a drink. The pugs woke up so I let them out of their kennels to go out and that's when I noticed little white wrappers all over the family room floor. I turned on the lights and that's when I saw it was an empty two pound box of Frango Milk Chocolate Mints. My friend was visiting from Canada today and I had offered her a mint. She took one and Trent took one and I don't know where she put the box. I didn't see it when I made my nightly sweep of the first floor for things that Cinder could get into. The ER vet said it is not a toxic dose, but that she will probably get diahrea and throw up. I'm waiting up with her now and she has settled down and gone back to sleep. I've moved her kennel right next to the back door.

Okay, back now, after our first trip to vomit. She seems to acting fine except for the vomiting. She came in, got a toy to cuddle and went right into her kennel to lie down.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers please. I can't believe I somehow missed a box of chocolate! Ugh!

Back in after round two. She is still acting fine and has thrown up quite a bit of chocolate, a lot of it still in the cube shape it went down in. I'm thinking that seems good, maybe she didn't actually digest a whole lot of it.

We've been in and out all night now, but the last two times she was following the scent of an animal and then started circling one of the trees in the yard. Since then I've let her in the yard by herself. It seems she's wide awake, no longer throwing up, and she knows the raccoons are out. :-\ I just hope the kids sleep late tomorrow! (And the pugs)

UPDATE* Cinder seems well today, but really hyper! I also found the shredded package from the cats santa treats so she obviously also ate a whole bag of "Tasty temptations" . She was dining gourmet last night, salmon and chocolates. I'm just looking for the empty champagne bottle now!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BaileyDawg Guest

DefaultRe: OMG! Cinder ate a 2lb box of Frango Chocolate Mints

Oh man, poor Cinder! I'm so glad she's alright, these Labs sure can make our eyes twitch. I too have discovered that if it is to be found, a Lab will find it, no matter where it is : I hope her system is settled now, and that you get a bit of a lie in after all that!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Awww poor girl! Hope she's OK by now. Good thoughts for Cinder. Keep us posted.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Poor Cinder. I hope she is feeling better now. It is amazing what they can find. Sounds like she threw up alot of it & that's good.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

I hope she is feeling better today. No matter how careful we are, they always seem to find what they aren't supposed to have.

Thanks everyone. She seems to be through throwing up and moved into very interesting poop piles filled with little scalloped edged white papers. When do you think I should give her food today and what should it be?

Anne is offline Senior Member

Eek!

I would bulk her up on boiled rice or pasta this morning. If her tummy seems ok today, you can probably feed her a bit of her regular kibble tonight.

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Oh no, how scary!!! Glad she's OK now. Well, except for the white scalloped poop. :-\

I'm still waiting for pics of the pugs!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Paula is offline Senior Member

Glad she seems to have thrown it up without digesting too much. Hope she is feeling better today.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh NO! Well, you know I feel for you. :-\ There's nothing quite like seeing all those little wrappers and an empty box of chocolate, is there?

Good that it was milk chocolate, and you were also lucky, like us, that it was not solid chocolate, but choclate and something else. I finally came to the realization that there is not actually that much chocolate in a box of chocolate covered cherries.

It seems a really good sign that she is throwing up whole pieces of chocolate. That's that much less to have to worry about.

I found little whole cherries in the backyard a few days later.

Hoping that Cinder is feeling much better today.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast