Does your lab go CRAZY, when he knows it's time for his walk?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your lab go CRAZY, when he knows it's time for his walk?

Merlot_1 Guest

DefaultDoes your lab go CRAZY, when he knows it's time for his walk?

Merlot, does. He knows my routine. I come down the stairs in my pjs, let him out of his crate, start the coffee, feed him his breakfast, turn on the tv, watch the morning news while I have two cups of coffee, then go back upstairs and get dressed. When I come back down the stairs, he goes berserk! When I open the closet door to put my coat and hat on, he jumps all over me,(has knocked me down twice), runs all around the house barking loudly, and knocks over kitchen chairs, pounces on the door, and just acts crazy! When I open the door for him, he is jumping and panting so hard, I can't hold him still to get his leash on! I have never had a dog that got that excited over a walk. He seems to get a little more excited each morning, and I am afraid he might hurt himself the way he bangs into the walls and doors. Anyone else have this problem?

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Does your lab go CRAZY, when he knows it's time for his walk?

Sammi was getting pretty bad and it was cute for a while but it was becoming pretty bad, like you said it was getting difficult to even get her leash on her. So I nipped it in the bud, now unless she is "sitting nice" I just turn and ignore her. It wasn't so much that I was worried she would hurt herself, as when we started walk's like that she was more difficult to control, I want her to wait at the door for her release to go, not pull me out the door! Hope Merlot calm's down soon for you. Good Luck

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Mine get excited with wagging tails and bouncing up and down but they don't go crazy. Luckily for them they get enough walks so there is no need to go crazy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Merlot_1 Guest

He gets excited at his evening walk, also, but not like in the morning. He knows at night that is walk is just around the neighborhood, which isn't as exciting for him. In the morning I take him to the park, where he goes swimming and runs off leash.

Thats too funny ;DI was thinking of making a similar post soon, as Millie acts like tyrant in the mornings.Im usually off for a few months in the Winter so Ive been taking her alot of places.She doesnt go nuts as we prepare to leave,but she misbehaves,irritates,nags and even barks at me eventually to get me to take her(it starts slow and the longer I wait "bark,bark,whine").I plan to take her just like to relax and drink coffee,browse froums etc..so I know what you mean for the most part...

Shes getting edgy as I type, ;D..So Im fixing to load on some treats and go outside for some sit,stay,come lessons then take her for a dip I guess :

Any ideas would be great,but Im thinking maybe its just her age?

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Mine know the schedule, but fortunately they don't jump up.

It's funny because in the AM, I take Grace and Hudler while my hubby takes Maddy in the yard to play ball. Grace is torn between going in the yard and the walk, so she races back and forth like a nut. The whole idea is to give Maddy alone time playing ball because Grace is a big butt and steals the ball from Maddy.

Bear does that to... We get up and husband take him out and then he goes crazy, it get's really bad when the kids get up. He just jumps and runs around and tries to bite them on the bum... poor kids :-[.

Merlot you might use this as an opportunity for some training. Put his leash on before you do anything and make him sit or lay down until your ready. It might take awhile the first couple of times but it will be worth it.
    Olie

As soon as I get my "park" shoes out the fight begins, a major bitey face. All in front of me, as close as they can get. Then they stop and sit quietly. Because then it is collar time and they know the collars don't go on until they are quiet. Fanny stands in front of me and Eddie sits on the steps for his turn.

Yes...Brees loves her walks. She goes with us every morning & afternoon to pick my son up from school. We're close enough that we can walk with him everyday. As soon as she sees me put my younger son's shoes on, she runs and grabs her leash. It's cute when she can go, but she looks so sad when we happen to be going to the store or somewhere she can't go.

Then on the walk, she has to walk by everyone we pass and get a pat on the head. Nearly all the kids at his school know her by name now...lol If we happen to not take her, they always ask where Brees is at. She likes to hold her leash in her mouth and "walk herself" too (although I still have her leash).

I can't wait to take her on longer walks as she gets older as much as she loves them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast