HELP! Frankie lost his housebreaking skills
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Frankie lost his housebreaking skills

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultHELP! Frankie lost his housebreaking skills

Frankie is 1-1/2 (21 months) and for the last week or so he's been peeing and pooping in the house almost everyday!! > We'll let him outside with Tucker for 10-15 minutes and he'll come back in and poop and pee in the hallway. Or worse, on the livingroom rug right in front of us! I don't get it. Just now, he was outside for 10 minutes and I let him in while I logged on to JL. He went in the other room and I hear "psssssssssssss" in hallway again! I will say that he is obsessed with Griffin cat and that's all he focuses on in the backyard, that and eating Tucker's poop. The poop is cleaned up, but he eats it right as Tucker is pooping. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Help, what can I do? I just don't understand why he's doing this and it's frustrating as all get out. :-\

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: HELP! Frankie lost his housebreaking skills

My first thought would be to check for something like a UTI.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

That wouldn't make him poop in the house though? I think he just "forgot" or something. :-\ Maybe he's a big dummy.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We had to make sure tuck wasn't "playing" outside instead of doing her business. Maybe letting them out at the same time (RIGHT NOW during this delima) would be a bad thing and cause him to wanna play instead of doing his business. Normally he wouldn't do that, but it could be TEENAGE years and he's just doing it b/c he's too busy outside to get "BUSY" GOOD LUCK! wish i could help more!

I think I'd check for a UTI as well - I think you are going to have to go out with him for a while to make sure he does his business, just you and him if the need be, just so you can break the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    That wouldn't make him poop in the house though? I think he just "forgot" or something. :-\ Maybe he's a big dummy.
    Last spring when Oona had a UTI she was straining so hard to pee she had the runs.
    Olie

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

How frustrating indeed. Try a few days of basic training again, Amy. Stay out there with him until he's "performed" for you.

Seamus and Flynn

Merlot_1 Guest

Does the inside of your house smell like outdoors? Do you have a live Christmas tree or wreath, or extra ferns for decorations? If so, that might be the problem. If not, I don't have a clue ???

[attachment deleted by admin]

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I like the idea of what others have said taking him out alone. Tal just went thru a couple of days where he pooped in the house...didn't wee inside tho. When he gave me his signal to go out, I would take him and if he didn't then I would crate him for 10 - 15 minutes then try again. That seemed to work really well.

I have a black cat, Midnight, who Tal just loses all concentration whe she shows up. If he does not go, I bring him inside and crate him...then take him out again after 10 - 15 minutes. Plus I have been working on them being in close proximity and him being calm!

Good luck! I know it is incredibly frustrating when after a period of time they seem to lose it instead of get it!

I'd go make sure you go out with him for a while. Go back to basic training and distract him from the cat and poop ... start giving your own commands for pee/poop. I'd crate him or tether him to your side until he gets back on track. Sorry; I know it has to be frustrating!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast