a lab that needs to be adopted! need your help

Thread: a lab that needs to be adopted! need your help

Defaulta lab that needs to be adopted! need your help

a guy my brother knows owned a 1 year old puppy black labrador but never fed it and it was so skinny and the bones were literally showing, my brother took the dog to the vet and the puppy is alive but needs a good home. we're scrambling to find him a home ASAP because we do not want him to be put down, he's a sweet dog just needs some love and attention.

does anyone know how we can go about making sure he gets adopted ASAP??

any help would be great thanks ya'll

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: a lab that needs to be adopted! need your help

You make no mention of where you are located. Without knowing where you are, it is difficult to make suggestions. Have you contacted your local Humane Society, Animal Shelter or Animal Control? Are there any Lab rescues operating in your area? Check www.petfinders.com and search the rescue organizations listings. If one is close by maybe they can assist but usually rescues are swamped with dogs and are looking for help themselves. Good luck.

HTH

LD

Mama3tikes is offline Senior Member

Where are you? I may be able to help if I know anyone in your area

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Could also contact your local TV station. They may do a warm and fuzzy piece on how you saved the dog's life and that it is looking for a good home, but would probably work better if the authorities and agencies were involved. Neglecting an animal is a crime in most places.

LD

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Dad
    You make no mention of where you are located. Without knowing where you are, it is difficult to make suggestions. Have you contacted your local Humane Society, Animal Shelter or Animal Control? Are there any Lab rescues operating in your area? Check www.petfinders.com and search the rescue organizations listings. If one is close by maybe they can assist but usually rescues are swamped with dogs and are looking for help themselves. Good luck.

HTH

LD
    oops sorry! i was typing in a hurry. i knew i was forgetting something. NORTH CAROLINA

Lab Rescue of North Carolina http://labrescuenc.org/

There may be other all breed shelters and rescues. You may find some at www.petfinder.com.

Rescues may not be able to take the pup because they may be swamped, but you can offer to foster the dog or ask how to go about getting the dog adopted. If abuse or neglect happened I would also consult the proper authorities. Your vet should know how to contact them.

HTH

LD