UGH! SO ANGRY! (Just venting I guess)

Thread: UGH! SO ANGRY! (Just venting I guess)

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultUGH! SO ANGRY! (Just venting I guess)

Went to my aunt's place for lunch. She insisted I bring Buck. I hate bringing him to her house because she constantly stuffs his mouth with food. Like NON STOP feeding : Then he comes home stuffed and has diarreah. Well let's just say even people get stomach upsets after eating at her place so it's no surprise Buck ends up with stomach problems too.

He of course loves it at her place. Gets out of the car and just runs right inside and straight to the kitchen where the feeding begins. I scream and yell and noone listens. Buck becomes a totally different dog. He acts like he has never been fed before. He gets totally wired and out of control. My blood pressure rises and since I can't be angry towards my aunt...well can't show it because I don't want to be disrespectful. I ended up getting upset with Buck and just haul him off to the car and leave him there. This is pretty much what happened today.

Oh, and my uncle isn't exactly a big fan of dogs. So it's just uncomfortable for me.

I just don't know who is worse...my aunt or my dang dog! Right now I am just pissed off at Buck and myself. All the training and work and money and time and love I spend on him and none of it seems to be paying off in any way! > It's horrifying how he acts at their home.

I will never take him back there again. I told her this before I left. I also requested that she never ask me to bring the dog either.
    She behaves this way when she comes to our home too. She will feed him everything off her plate. Even if she isn't eating...she will grab something and feed him. I am so ANGRY > You guys have no idea!

Who will take care of him when he gets sick from all of this???
    And she has the nerve to tell me that he is behaving the way he is because I don't feed him. Which is BS! He's a damn lab. If you dangle food in his face HE WILL EAT IT! Does NOT matter whether he is fed a lot or not.
    I have explained everything I possibly can to her about labs and dogs in general. She simply won't listen.
    I have threatened to leave him at her house when he has bouts of diarreah thanks to her. Oh and I will send her my VET BILL!

She reinforces every bad behaviour in the book.

I was so ticked off today I practically stormed out. It's my fault for thinking that may be she learned from the last time I calmly explained to her why not to feed him even if he begs. When he looks at her..all he sees is a big meaty bone! >

ARUUGGHHH!! He is always going to be crated when she comes to our place and he is never allowed to go to her place. I see no other way.

I love my aunt and I love my dog. But put them together and I feel no love for either one!

Anyone else have family members like this?? Or am I the only blessed one??

Sorry for the long ramble
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: UGH! SO ANGRY! (Just venting I guess)

Poor YOU!

What a PITA situation. I'm sorry it's so stressful for you, and I definitely would be as frustrated as you are that she refuses to listen and acts like a child. : Some people just don't get it.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Sorry things are that way. He acts that way around her because he knows she will cave in to his every whim.Next time she invites you over there, simply do not take Buck. And when she comes to your house, well he is your dog. Do not allow her to feed him. I understand why you want to show respect. But that is a two way street. It is not showing respect to allow someone to do as they please with Buck. He will suffer for it and apparently already has.

I understand the frustration and the need to vent. If it were me I would keep reminding myself that if he eats too much, especially too fast, that can cause him to bloat and we know that can be a serious health issue for a dog.

Good luck...I know it's adifficult situation for ya...I hope it can be resolved so everyone is ok with it all.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I understand!

My MIL lives with us and it took me a long time to make her understand that doing that is not good. I took her to the vet one time with Fanny and the vet explained in no uncertain terms what would happen. She has calmed down a lot but still has a ways to go. Good Luck!

Merry Christmas!

If you must take Buck next time or the next time she comes to your house just attach Buck to you with his leash. Make it clear you have selected a few treats she can give him, even go as far as giving her a 1/2 cup of food she can hand feed him, but that is it. Tell her Buck likes his belly and ears rubbed etc and she is more than welcome to give him positve attention but you don't can no longer stand by and let her make him sick. You know she is trying to love him but in reality she is hurting him.

She may not like it but Buck is your dog and you have to look out for his best interest.

Thanks for the support guys!
    It sure is frustrating. She came by our house in the evening. And I had to finish painting our office so I just crated Buck for the duration of my aunt's stay. She asked my mom why he wasn't allowed out and she told her that I was just very disappointed in the way Buck acted today and so from here on out we are crating him when she comes by. This way he won't be harassing her and he is definitely no longer going to be brought to her home. She was a tad disappointed but seemed ok with that.
    I let my mom speak to her. After all she is her sister :P She knows better than I do on how to handle her sis.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

oh yeah I definitely understand that she just loves him and does not intend to hurt him.
    But yeah. Hopefully, my mom talking to her will get her to calm down a bit about him.

Problem is...she likes dogs but she is also afraid of them. So she is a bit apprehensive about petting him. I showed her a million times how to approach him so the experience is positive. But she is still afraid. So to her the next best thing is to keep tossing food at his face :