Advice needed...

Thread: Advice needed...

DefaultAdvice needed...

I may just be venting, but if anyone has any creative advice, I would surely appreciate it. For the umpteenth time tonight, while walking Hallie in front of my house, I stepped in poop that some other dog owner thoughtfully left for me. I live in the city, and late at night the only place for me to walk my dog is on the small patch of grass (about 6 ft x 20 ft) in front of my house. Although it is across the sidewalk, it is still considered my lawn (my responsibility to mow it, etc...). A lot of dog owners walk their dogs up and down the street, as do I, but time after time someone (or multiple someones) do not pick up after their dogs on my lawn. Needless to say, spending 20 minutes trying to clean the sole of a brand new running shoe late at night is extremely frustrating. I have thought of posting sign on my fence (which is directly across from the patch of grass) asking very nicely for dog owners to remember to pick up after their dogs, but my hunch tells me if someone was inconsiderate enough to leave it there in the first place, they're probably not going to pay attention to a sign.

It may sound silly, but it's gotten bad enough that I am thinking I have to move when the lease is up. Any other ideas on how I can approach this? Thanks, and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

curly is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Advice needed...

I would try posting a sign.... simply to point out to the people to clean up after their dogs. People are so rude when it comes to cleaning up after their pets (and alot of times, themselves >).

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I would put a sign up on the green itself. Maybe you can get your local authorities to put up an official sign -- leaving poop is against the law. Also, if you see a particular person who regularly leaves their dogs poop, don't hesitate to report them. When we lived at our old house there was a lady with a fat Labrador who would poop on the green outside our house EVERY day. Enough was enough and we reported her to the dog warden. Dog warden had a word with her and it never happened again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I've seen signs with a dog "in the position" with a red circle/slash around the image. It gives me a chuckle every time I see one. That might work. I know how you feel. I live in a townhouse with tons of common property. It never fails that while I'm cleaning up after my dog I step in someone elses "shit". It really pisses me off.

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

I face similar problems in my neighborhood. While the patch of grass is not my responsibility..it is a patch of public grass. It's awful how people leave their dog's poop there. Put up the sign. Make sure it's in LARGE print in BRIGHT colors...and leave a couple of plastic bags too.

I don't know what else can be done. It's what I am attempting to do. One area in my neighborhood is clean now...waiting for the other one to be cleaned up as well...
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I'd get a small garbage can and bad dispenser and put it out there. Maybe that will do the trick.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I'd get a small garbage can and bad dispenser and put it out there. Maybe that will do the trick.
    I like this idea, but I would not cater for other people. Dog walkers should be responsible enough to bring their own poop bags/scoops. Again, I would get the local authorities involved. Sometimes this is the only way to get through to people.