Ok I am Panicking big time!! :( (UPDATE)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok I am Panicking big time!! :( (UPDATE)

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultOk I am Panicking big time!! :( (UPDATE)

UPDATE!
    Sorry I didn't update sooner! Got caught up with doing all sorts of things all day.

Buck has been doing alright all day. His poop is softish and mushy and I did find a small piece of plastic in his poop today. Hopefully more shall follow.
    I called the vet first thing in the morning. They said just to keep an eye on him and as long as he isn't throwing up and isn't being lethargic he should be ok. Not much I can do other than maintain his normal feeding schedule and the plastic should pass. I have just been making sure he drinks a lot of water and have been keeping an eye on him. His pooping schedule is fine too. I guess a few more days of keeping an eye on him should get us through this. The worries my Buckster puts me through : I am not going to rest easy till I know for sure all of it has come out. :-\

Thank you all for your concern and well wishes. It's very sweet and comforting to me...

My mom wrapped (with some glad plastic wrap thing) like 3-4 slices of turkey and left it right at the edge of the dinning room table. I didn't know she left it there. It's a room Buck doesn't frequent. He was busy chewing his bone in the family room right near my father. So, I ran up to use the bathroom real quick. My mom went upstairs too.
    As I am walking out of the bathroom I hear my dad go...OH LOOK I THINK HE JUST ATE SOMETHING OFF THE TABLE! So I am running down the stairs...so does mom she looks at the table horrified starts looking for the plastic wrap.

Buck ate the turkey slices wrap and all we suspect I can't find the wrap anywhere. I am freaking out and I am so pissed at my dad for not watching...hating myself too...I was gone for 2 mins What if the wrap doesn't come out????? I am calling the vet tomorrow as soon as they open.

He is acting himself...I see nothing wrong as of yet. I am really worried though. He already had one obstruction earlier this year due to raw hide...now this

Any one have any suggestion on what I can do to make sure it passes??? Or should I let it be for tonight. I am definitely taking him to the vet's tomorrow.

My mom said she used very little plastic to wrap the turkey.

Please send some prayers Buck's way so that the plastic passes without any event

<3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Ok I am Panicking big time!! :(

Sending prayers that the plastic wrap passes really soon, so you don't have to worry anymore. I was worried Trooper ate a piece of plastic wrap over Thanksgiving. It was little bits and it passed. Hopefully the same thing happens with Bucky

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Oh I hope that happens with Buck as well.

This is just nervewracking (sp?) I keep having horrible flash backs to his obstruction that he had earlier this year
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

budbud is offline Senior Member

Poor Bucky I really dont know about the plastic wrap passing or not best to call the vet in the morning or even a vet tonight for some advice I hope he is alright

Oh dear....I'm hoping there'll be nothing wrong with Buck. How worried and scared you must be; I'll watch for any news from you

We will keep Buck in our prayers! Looking forward to hearing all has passed and Buck is well!

Terry

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Please keep us posted...good thoughts and prayers coming your way for Buck...

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Now...don't panic!! Plastic wrap is very pliable, malleable, whatever.

Here is what I have done in similar situations: Bread. Several slices. Make sure the plastic wrap isn't in there all by itself...hopefully, you can give it something to sort of wrap around, a traveling companion out of his intestines.

I sure hope everything comes out OK! I'm sure he'll be fine. It couldn't have been that much plastic wrap, right?

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

I don't blame you for being worried, just watch him to make sure he isn't in any discomfort. If he is able to eliminate in the morning everything should be fine.
    Olie

Mia&Buddy is offline Senior Member

We don't have any personal experience with plastic wrap, but Buddy once ate a whole banana, peel and all. FYI, it came out pretty much the same way that it went in (intact) but smaller. (I don't want to ponder the processes that it went through to shrink. Ewww!) I would think that plastic would just pass right through. Definitely call your vet though, and let us know how things turn out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast