WOO HOO! Simon passed the test!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOO HOO! Simon passed the test!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultWOO HOO! Simon passed the test!

Well, I took Simon in for his water deprivation test this morning. We had agreed that they would test his urine (fresh sample) on arrival, I would wait for the results, and if he had a better specific gravity number there would be no need to continue the test.

Waited about five minutes, Simon's sample tested PERFECT! ;D I had withdrawn water about 9:00 last night, and he didn't get any all night or this morning. It was concentrated perfectly. :-*

So, we still have a bit of a mystery as to why he was having trouble urinating, and the accidents. I am still suspicious of crystals, but they also said they found no evidence of crystals in the previous urine sample. ??? It is possible that he had a stone that was not shedding crystals, and has now passed it. ??? The plan from here is to recheck urine periodically for a while and just make sure his levels stay OK.

But Simon was again in rare form this morning, and acted out by jumping up and slapping me on the face with his paw in front of one of the doctors. : Again, he really doesn't act sick at all. :P

The vet was very apologetic about the inconvenience of all this, and didn't even charge me for today's visit! ;D So sweet. He asked a lot of questions about diet, treats, etc. He said that Canidae was a source of very high-quality proteins, so that may play into it somehow. I think that because the proteins are high-quality, they are more easily processed, and therefore don't hang around in the kidneys? Anyway, YAY for good food.

I also mentioned that they only drink filtered water, and he applauded this! ;D So, NA NA NA Kevin! He said the water around here is very heavy with limestone, which can lead to calcium deposits (such as those found on your SINK FAUCETS, Kevin) in their urinary tract (calcium oxalate stones). So, now I have an actual medical reason to give filtered water. hee!

Anyway, good report, Simon came back home and had breakfast, tore around the house a few times with Angus, and is now enjoying a little nappie in his new bedroom. I think I'm going to celebrate by going dog bed shopping today! ;D

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

SamIAm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: WOO HOO! Simon passed again!

Very good news, and I'm really glad to hear that you all are going in to the Christmas holidays with everyone well!

Frances

LarrytheLab is offline Senior Member

Great news! ;D
    Doyle and Larry<br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Good to hear that Simon continues to pass his tests and is healthy. Good boy Simon.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFangus

Anyway, good report, Simon came back home and had breakfast, tore around the house a few times with Angus, and is now enjoying a little nappie in his new bedroom. I think I'm going to celebrate by going dog bed shopping today! ;D
    I'm glad Simon is doing well on all his medical tests! LOL that he slapped you around a bit. ;D

Simon has a new bedroom? What'd I miss?
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Great news Connie. So glad Simon is a-ok for the holidays

deneen is offline Senior Member

GREAT!!!

Finnigan is offline Senior Member

Great news Connie and great info on the Limestone - we jsut moved to an area with the same type of water - Onto the Brita jug for them.....

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

Way to go Simon. As I have said mum gets crystals in her urine if she has a bad UTI. She has never had a kidney stone.
    Karon<br /><br />

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Hip Hip Hurray Simon!!! WTG!!! I bet you are so relieved, still concerned, but relieved. Great Christmas gift huh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast