My gosh...what is up with the licking????

Thread: My gosh...what is up with the licking????

DefaultMy gosh...what is up with the licking????

Does anyone have a dog that just licks you nonstop? Rascal won't quit!!!! I notice him licking me ALOT more than usual when I get onto him for something. It is quiet annoying though when he licks me all the dang time. I can be in the kitchen cooking or doing dishes and he is right there licking my legs. Or I can be sitting here at the computer and he is right there licking my arms. What am I to do? Why does he lick all the dang time??? It's slobbery and wet. I don't mind it every now and then,but all the time is too much for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: My gosh...what is up with the licking????

Bailey's gotten into that mood lately, especially with me.
    I had such a hard time with her & biting when she was a puppy & I re-directed that to licking (giving "kisses"), so it's a welcome change!

Body lotion!
    Rocket loves my body lotion. He leaves me alone until I've put it on. Then he's still licking me hours later.
    And when I wash my hands, he licks for the hand lotion, or maybe the soap which he likes to lick off my son when he's bathing.

I've concluded that's what Rocket's likes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dexter's a licker. I've taught him "No lick" and it seems to work. I also have "Give Kisses" for when I don't mind.

Gunny is a licker too...I've been using "no lick"..then he looks at me so hurt lol.

Tater Guest

Tater is a licker and it drives me crazy half the time. I dont mind sometimes. But when I am just sitting there or standing in the kitchen. OMG go away. But we just live with it. He is a dog that is what dogs do. When I get out of the shower he licks all of the lotion off of me.

It's not just me he licks all the time..he is always licking himself. (all over, not just in his boy areas) I'm afraid he is gonna lick all the fur off of his body. (haha)

my dachsund did that.
    vet said to changed his food - my dog was very nervous and I thought he was licking for that, but vet was right, something in the food was making the dog lick. I didn't ask what, so I wish I could say more. I don't know if it was an itching thing, or if it was a smell thing.

I remember, his licking would keep me awake at night. It was nonstop.