I think she's fitting in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think she's fitting in

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

DefaultI think she's fitting in

Some recent pictures of our new little stinker, Chamois, and her big brother, Toby.

I think she's comfortable on the couch:

"Mom, I LOVE my little sister!"

This one makes me laugh. They remind me of cartoons with big heads and little bodies.

It's funny how attached they've become in a short time. Yesterday, we had to do a bit of rearranging in the house because my father is coming to visit for Christmas (he arrives this evening). Normally during the day while we're at work, Toby's pen is in the 1st floor, gated guest bedroom, and Chamois is in her crate in our bedroom on the 3rd floor. Being so far apart, they don't hear or see each other, so there's no problem. But my dad is highly allergic to cats and we have three, so on Tuesday, the room got a heavy-duty cleaning and has been closed off from all the animals - not a problem since Tuesdays, Toby goes to daycare. But yesterday, we decided to try something new, and we set up Toby's pen in the master bathroom, which is very large and adjacent to the bedroom. I guess Toby couldn't stand knowing Chamois was in the next room but he couldn't be with her, so he took his pen for a "walk", somehow squeezing it out the door, taking it to the foot of the bed and tipping it over to get out. This is an 8-paneled 4x4x4 foot x-pen. Mark found a folded up cage and a pleased looking chocolate boy when he got home at lunch. Toby has never moved the cage more than a foot or two the whole time we've been using it in his normal place. So Mark decided for some reason to try again with the same setup in the afternoon. Again, Toby managed to get himself, pen and all, out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, but this time, he stayed inside, just parked it next to Chamois. In the evening when we went out to run some last-minute errands, we decided to chance it, and just put Chamois in her crate, but leave Toby loose with the bedroom door closed. We fully expected to find at least a knocked over picture frame. Nothing. He was perfectly happy, not a thing in the room was touched. I doubt he even went to the door. I'll bet he just lay down by her crate and hung out like he does at night when we're asleep (when he isn't trying to steal my pillow, that is).

I think getting him a sister was the best thing that's ever happened to him. I suspect getting a forever home was the best thing that ever happened to her. I know that moving here, living with Mark, getting the 2 dogs and 3 cats is the best thing that has happened to me. Life is good.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: I think she's fitting in

She's so sweet....glad her and Toby are getting along well...

It's crazy how big he looks compared to her...he's a handsome devil

AWWW he is such a sweetie! Good boy Toby!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

That third picture is just heartwarming! Two really are so much fun!

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

What a great story That Toby is quite the boy, isn't he? What a creative devil, moving the crate in such a fashion. Wouldn't you like to be a mouse in the corner watching him move the crate?? I think Chamois looks bigger already. 2 happy dogs; have a great Christmas visit with your dad.

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Awwwwwww!!!

This makes me want a little sister for Ender sooooo bad! (eventually not right this second)
    ~Lindsay

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

life sure does sound wonderful for everyone ;D
    great pictures, and i loved the story of toby and the walking dog pen.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Great story, Great pictures ... you just warmed my heart!

Awww! That is so cute that Toby wants to be so close to his sister! It's fun having more than one dog!

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Chamois looks sooooo cute on the couch. And look at how happy Toby is! I bet these two will be forever friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast