Has anyone else ever ruined a Christmas surprise?

Thread: Has anyone else ever ruined a Christmas surprise?

DefaultHas anyone else ever ruined a Christmas surprise?

Well just shoot me for being an idiot. I created that graphic of Duke and Freckles and had it framed for a surprise present for Dukesmom.
    Well I have been designing my graphic image website for posting next year and I have just finished my entry home page design which included several thumbnails of the various images, many I have posted here.
    Dukesmom comes home and I tell her to come see how my site is coming along. I click on the page and right there in the middle of the thumbnails is the one of the boys. Of course it's the first one she sees. I felt like ramming my head through the computer for spoiling the surprise.
    Actually she told me she had guessed I was going to do one for her after seeing the one I did for my brother but I am still mad at myself.
    Has anyone else done anything like that in the past. I need to know I'm not the only Christmas fool. :

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Has anyone else ever ruined a Christmas surprise?

Last year, i bought stuff for the kids, and was going to put it in the usual place, top of our closet in the master bedroom, and as i put it up there, one fell down, opened up, and it was the most BEAUTIFUL pair of diamond earrings i had ever seen!
    Hubby had this all planned out to suprise me with it, and I didn't have the heart to tell him i had found it 2 weeks earlier. WOW i felt like a total idiot, and I sure wish i would have been suprised b/c boy did he have it ALL PLANNED OUT!
    YOU ARE NOT the only one, and I hope you don't feel like you are. It happens to all of us, and you could do another one for her, a smaller one or something, and she'll be expecting that one, but not "THIS" one.

AngusMyBoy is offline Member

I have never ruined a surprise Christmas present as far as I can remember. However, this morning I was at a friend's house to see her new puppy, a Wheathen Terrier named Bailey. It was supposed to be a surprise for my friend Beth for Christmas. Her husband had gone and looked at the puppies and took a picture of them. He was going to wrap the picture and tell her he would take her to pick one out. Well, the breeder called and ruined the surprise. He told Beth about it over the phone when he was supposed to talk to Scott, her husband. So, Scott took her immediately to get a puppy. Why wait any longer? BTW, Bailey is darn cute!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Not as far as I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if I blew a surprise somewhere along the line. It's funny about the Duke and Freckles graphic, though, because I've been quite concious about being on the forum when both Mark and I are home. I keep expecting him to see the post with the one you did of Toby and Chamois (so far, I don't think he has).
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

I bet she was thrilled with it! Looking forward to your website.

About three weeks ago, hubby was scrambling to get some hunting gear together and was looking all over for a pair of boots he had bought last year when all the hunting stuff was half-price. I'm assisting him in the search and I recall seeing them in the closet in his office. So I dash upstairs while he's ripping apart the garage and I open the closet.....to see a BEAUTIFUL Hudson Bay blanket sitting on the floor. I slammed the door and left the room. I told him awhile ago that I have always wanted one of those blankets. So there's my Christmas present. And I HATE knowing what I am getting! I am not one to snoop, I love the surprise in opening a gift so you could leave a wrapped gift here all year & I'd never touch it until the 25th.

A few days later, he says, "By the way, don't go in my closet. I keep forgetting to tell you that." :-[ :-X

Dang.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I think I have but cannot remember the details..Love the stories tho!

I haven't ruined a Christmas surprise but I have ruined a baby surprise. My sister was pregnant with her third. My whole family lives in BC where I am from but I live in Ontario. Well my sister phoned and left a message for me when I was at work. The message was, "I had my ultrasound results today and I'm going to have a girl!!" She had two boys already. Nothing else on the message so I phone up my sister and my BIL answers and I say cheerfully, "So you finally did it, huh" He said, "Did what?" and I cheerful said," Gave Amber the girl she always wanted." That statement was met by silence and then a very quiet," Oh, a girl. I didn't want to know what we were having." Boy did I feel awful. I'm not sure how my sister was going to keep it a secret when everyone started buying her things in pink but her SU didn't want to know, I didn't know that and she didn't tell me on the message so I felt bad for a long time. :-[