Just Labradors banner

Abby says OUCH!!! :(

1K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  TobysTrix 
#1 ·
My poor little miss Abby came inside last night around 10:30pm and I noticed her paw was bloody and she was leaving bloody tracks across the kitchen. I stopped her before she reached the carpet and got her to lay down so I could get a closer look but I couldn't quite tell what the problem was. I got a rag and wet it with warm water to wipe off her paw that's when I saw her toe nail had been ripped almost all the way off and it was just about to her nail bed :( I got the bleeding to stop and we opted to wait until today for a vet visit since it wasn't bothering her.

FFW to this morning, she wouldn't put weight on it and it was bleeding a tiny bit. My mom and I both worked today (I until 4 and she until 2), she refused to take Abby to the vet alone (why is beyond me) so we waited until I got off and took her in. They had to cut her nail off and dremmel part of it. She now basically has one nail missing and they had to put a pressure bandage on it because of the bleeding. She got antibiotics for 2 weeks and pain pills to last 7 days, at the whopping cost of $105!

Now she's laying downstairs on her bed looking as though she's been beat. My poor baby

#4 ·
Poor Abby, hope your nail grows back quickly. So much for having your nails done for Christmas. ;)

By the way, how does Molly do with the Christmas tree? It just kills Boo, she wants to shark the ornaments
that are lower. All the good ones are up high. Not taking a chance on my Hallmark collection. She won't
leave the Grinch stuffed animal alone. She doesn't bother my snowmen but the Grinch catches her eye constantly.
I can't wait to see what she does with gifts. ;D

#11 ·
Abby says thanks for your get well wishes ;) lol

**Boo, this is your pal Molly the christmas tree is fun to look at but i got sprayed with a bottle of water the first few times I tried to shark the ornaments so now I just sit and look. Sometimes I sniff and the humans say thats ok so I'll stick with the sniffs.

#16 ·
Abby, I did that a couple of weeks ago but not so bad, my paw didn't bleed so Mom just gave it a kiss and it was better. I am so sorry you had to go to the vet, they can do nasty things to a lab (and they say we are going to feel better, hah!) but I hope you'll feel better soon. Just pout a lot and Mom will give you lots of loving..........

Fanny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.