X-mas gifts from non-dog owners ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-mas gifts from non-dog owners ...

DefaultX-mas gifts from non-dog owners ...

Well intentioned, of course, but sometimes they just don't work.

Today we got a package from our non-dog-owning relative. A black fleece track suit (top and bottom) for my 18-month old. And we have a yellow lab. Do I exchange it now, or just have fun watching it turn into a yellow angora track suit.

So, what's the best one you've gotten?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: X-mas gifts from non-dog owners ...

LMAO, all of my clothing purchases are now influenced by my yellow shedding machine!!

LOL.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HA! ;D I have black fleece pants that I wear to agility because it's so darn cold out. Your description of a "yellow angora track suit" fits it perfectly AND I'm not even crawling around on the floor.

I dont normally buy white or light color clothes anymore... ;Dor they will have black hair all over them. Between Coals sheedding and the cats who love to lay on clean clothes (they just know when they are clean too!!) i dont ever go anywhere hairless...lol...

My favorite coat - a full length black wool coat with hood, very stylish. It's covered in both my cat and dog's light coloured fur.

Do I care? Nope. They're badges of honor.
    I actually got stopped by someone at Walmart a week ago asking me what kind of dog I have. We had a nice conversation.......

(however, I did remove the fur before I went to a Christmas play last night...)

Blondedog Guest

Angora track suit LOL. Our son's girlfriend wears a lot of black I told her if she was going to spend much time here she was going to have to start wearing tan coloured pants or carry a pocket lint roller. Fortunately she loves Bruce so the hair isn't a big problem.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

I would like to buy a new winter coat but I have a dilemma. Light color coat and the girls will get their muddy paws all over it. (yes, they jump on me)
    If I get a dark color, I will be covered in hair...
    I need a tan coat...but I hate tan....
    Purchases are definately made based on fur!

I wear a lot of black pants...which weren't bad when we just had Dakota...but now with Denali...the yellow shedding machine ..god he sheds a TON.....When I go to work i'm always covered in yellow hair...it's awful....

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mollyrock
    I would like to buy a new winter coat but I have a dilemma. Light color coat and the girls will get their muddy paws all over it. (yes, they jump on me)
    If I get a dark color, I will be covered in hair...
    I need a tan coat...but I hate tan....
    Purchases are definately made based on fur!
    What about a tweed-y weave in brown and beige? That would disguise both mud AND light colored fur. When I had black and white cats, I found the only thing that didn't show fur was B&W houndstooth check, but there's only so much of that one can wear regularly! Since we now have a siamese, an orange, and a grey cat, as well as a chocolate and a yellow lab, I am pretty much guaranteed to have fur show on whatever I wear, so I've just given up. I look at it as a fashion statement, and possibly the only politically-correct fur I can wear.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast