Where does your lab sleep? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where does your lab sleep?

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Where does your lab sleep?

I rescued Lexi and when she was 12-18 months old. She slept the first night on a dog bed in my bedroom. She slept through the night on the first night, so she has never been crated overnight.

She will occasionally roam the house, if she hears something outside, but otherwise does not leave her bed or my bedroom, unless she gets up to follow me.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mellow still sleeps in his crate - funny, he will take you down if you get between him and his crate after you've said, "Let's go to bed." One night, he hadn't noticed the door had closed and he ran full speed into it. He's still in there because he seems to like it.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Brigetta was crate trained. I can't remember exactly when I started letting her stay out of her crate at night. I want to say somewhere between 4 and 5 months. She pretty much sleeps where ever she wants at night. Some nights she's on the bed, other nights she prefers the floor. However, she does not have day privileges...I don't know if she ever will

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Toby has been sleeping on the bed with us since he was 5.5 months old - my BF felt bad for him after we got Toby neutered, so much for the "no dogs in bed" rule he initially stated : . Before that, he'd get a little snuggle time after a night in his crate and then being let out for morning potty, so we knew he loved being allowed in bed. Now, he generally sleeps through the night at the foot of the bed, though he occasionally tries to hog more space. Sometimes he goes downstairs for a little snack, sometimes he'll move to the floor by the bed, but he's always back by the time the alarm goes off. I usually get up first, and when I do, he invariably moves up to lie on my pillow. Every morning.

Chamois sleeps in a crate in our bedroom. She's not 100% trustworthy about the potty thing inside, so until she is, that won't change. But I have a feeling she's going to think she gets bed priveleges once she's fully house trained... the night she had the upset tummy from the worm treatment, she cried and cried, and only slept when in desperation at 3:30 AM I finally brought her into bed with us. She also loves coming up for her after-potty morning snuggle. We already have a king sized bed, two people, three cats, and a 97 pound lab, so I don't know how we're going to manage when she decides to join us. Maybe I'll go sleep in the guest room!

Neither of them have day priveleges. Toby's were revoked, and we're not making the same mistake with Chamois.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Moose stop sleeping in his crate at about 14-16mths. Before that he was way too much of a wanderer and would ultimately get into trouble. Now he almost exclusively sleeps at the end of our bed.

Sky was 2 at the end of October and she still prefers to start the night out in her crate and then ends with the dog bed next to the bed. She will on occasion jump up and sleep with us for the last half hour of sleep.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Lucy will be 4 and she still sleeps in her crate. She likes it, it helps when we travel and I see no reason to change.

pj

theo's 2 now and has been sleeping in the bed with DH and i since he was about 3-4 months on or so. we used to have a golden who was in the bed too -- tight squeeze! an arial view of our bed would show two contorted HUMAN bodies around two canines who were sprawled out comfortably! but i wouldn't have it any other way

before then, we had theo's crate in the bedroom with us and he was crated all night.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

(Black) Theo still sleeps in his crate, and he's 3. He doesn't mind it, and otherwise he would want to be in bed with us. SU is a light sleeper and Theo is a lousy bedmate--steals the covers, sprawls all over, circles and flops repeatedly during the night--so it's best for everyone if he stays in the crate.

Dani is offline Senior Member

Rider stopped sleeping in his crate at 6 months. He got free reign at almost 8 months. He sleeps on the bed with me.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Samson is offline Senior Member

errrr my bed is their bed

We fight for space

Believe me their farts are worse than mine IMHO

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast