Adolescent Behavior

Thread: Adolescent Behavior

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultAdolescent Behavior

Ok..Tal's poop episode is done with thankfully, but he seems to have forgotten my signal for come to me. Plus when we play fetch he will bring the ball or squirrel to me once, maybe twice then he will go get it and prance around..sniffing sticks and stuff. I just brought him back inside. He would not do like he started doing consistently...retrieve, place it at my feet then go into a sit. I think I have a teenager on my hands now!

I obviously cannot force him to bring it...I just calmly went, picked up his toy then brought him in the house. I'm glad I have started to tighten up on his training. I will definitely crate him tonight...not as punishment. But just to let him know I am the leader. Does this sound like the right thing to do?

Oh yeah...but this is not new. I tried to sweep th kitchen floor and Tal just attacks the broom. It is funny but doesnt help me get the job done. I just put Tal in his crate until I could get it finished...about 2 minutes tops!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Merlot_1 Guest

DefaultRe: Adolescent Behavior

He just needs a nap ;D

My dogs run at the first sight of a cleaning tool!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot_1
    He just needs a nap ;D
    lol..he's had alot of rest today. He went to daycare yesterday and we had an activity filled weekend. Plus I had an endoscopy early this morning and I haven't been quite as energetic as I normally am!

It's supposed to rain tomorrow too..so I'll have to think of something.....he likes playing tug o war too...