News to brighten the spirit

Thread: News to brighten the spirit

DefaultNews to brighten the spirit

My sons and I walked over to the local animal shelter to drop off some treats and goodies for the animals that will be in the shelter for the holiday. When we were in waiting, a couple came out of the kennels with a rescue that they had just adopted. He was a shepard and a cutie and it is so nice to see a rescue find a home, hopefully it is his forever home. ;D My son was very excited that he had been adopted. He was talking about rescuing a few of his own.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: News to brighten the spirit

How wonderful for that dog. A happy home at Christmas, it doesn't get any better.

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

That is so nice of you and your son! I'm glad you got to be there to see a dog going to his forever home.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Isn't it a great feeling to see a pup get adopted?

What a nice story to brighten the day.

We went to pick JJ up at the vet today from his neutering and while we were waiting a male yellow lab came in. So joyful, loving life, wanting to play - even if he was at the vet. Turns out his previous owner had to give him up about 4 months ago and his new owner was so happy to be able to give him a home. It was nice to see such a happy pup all 70 or so pounds of him!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Those are the stories you like to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by canadianlablover
    My sons and I walked over to the local animal shelter to drop off some treats and goodies for the animals that will be in the shelter for the holiday. When we were in waiting, a couple came out of the kennels with a rescue that they had just adopted. He was a shepard and a cutie and it is so nice to see a rescue find a home, hopefully it is his forever home. ;D My son was very excited that he had been adopted. He was talking about rescuing a few of his own.
    The best part about this story and what might be overlooked is your sons reaction. It makes me feel good to know their are children out there that are compassionate for dogs that are looking for a second chance. I love it when I'm doing dog rescue runs and people bring their kids. Their parents are demonstrating the right way to be, rather than just paying lip service to it. Give your sons an extra hug tonight, they sound like great kids that you can be proud of.
    Olie