Just horrible

Thread: Just horrible

DefaultJust horrible

Watching the news tonight and a dog was shot in Toronto. It is just horrible that someone would do this.

According to the news, someone let the dog out of the backyard, took it around to the front of the house and then shot it 6 times with a pellet gun. :'(

The world is too messed up. The dog is doing fine but he is probably terrified and in pain. They got him just below his eye and another in his ear as well as other spots. It is a weirmariner, poor guy looked devastated.

I hope they catch the person who did it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Just horrible

Was it the dogs owner or just someone unknown? Whoever it was should be locked up and the key thrown away. I cannot believe folks. how cruel.

The owner was inside with her kids. She heard the gunshots, phoned the police and when she looked outside she realized it was her dog that was shot. She is really upset, her dog is a family member and they would be heartbroken to lose him. They have had him since he was a pup and he is 6 now. She is hoping that it is random because she is terrified that if it is someone in the neighbourhood they might come back to do it again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

That is awful. I'll never understand how people can be so idiotic and cruel. I hope the dog pulls through, poor guy.

Another reminder of why it's not a good idea to leave your dog unsupervised in the yard. Too many wackos out there.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I vote that when (if) they catch who did it, we each get a turn with a pellet gun and get to shoot him. Let's see, how many people would like to take a shot at that asshat? hmmmm It could be painful. > >

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rushpuppy
    I vote that when (if) they catch who did it, we each get a turn with a pellet gun and get to shoot him. Let's see, how many people would like to take a shot at that asshat? hmmmm It could be painful. > >
    Sounds like a plan to me. Give 'em a dose of their own medicine.

I know that family must be beside themselves. I hope it is random also. That would at least be some comfort. Things like that just leave me speechless...to say nothing of wanting to beat the crap out of whoever did this. Do we know if the dog will be ok?

Yes he is going to be ok. He is at home with his family after the vet visit. No surgeries and thankfully they missed his eye.