Howling Doggy - Good Doggy

Thread: Howling Doggy - Good Doggy

DefaultHowling Doggy - Good Doggy

In the past week my son (6yo) has cried two times - once when hurt, the second time last night when he protested having to take a bath.

Both times, as soon as Rocket heard Aaron crying, Rocket began howling (loud) then got on top of Aaron and licked him like crazy. Both times tears turned into laughter very quickly. Last week when Aaron was hurt, Rocket actually got in between Tony (dad) and Aaron, pushing Tony out of the way. Rocket was licking Aaron's scrape where he was bleeding.

Aaron and I both wanted a dog for the past couple of years, so Rocket was a birthday present for Aaron (even though he's really my dog....ahem). Last night when Rocket did this, Aaron put his arms around Rocket and said "I Love You too".

I was so proud of Rocket. My husband's never seen anything like this; he was just so impressed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Howling Doggy - Good Doggy

Im glad to hear Rocket is working out so well in your family... Im a firm believer when pets are treated like part of the family, they know it and they play such a positive roll Plus, there is nothing better then a boy and his puppy ;D

I totally agree. And I definitely treat Rocket like another member of the family.

And he and Aaron really are two peas in a pod. Aaron's older siblings are high school/college age, so he's basically an only child. Rocket has been great company for Aaron -- a real answer to prayer.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

How sweet! Aaron has a friend who looks out for him.