Connie - Any news on Simon??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Connie - Any news on Simon??

  1. #1
    Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    20,085

    DefaultConnie - Any news on Simon??

    Just curious if there was anything new from the weekend....

    Sending hugs and good thoughts to all of you.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    theoconbrio is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    AccountKiller
    Posts
    16,129

    DefaultRe: Connie - Any news on Simon??

    bump for Connie!

  4. #3
    AngusFangus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,586

    DefaultRe: Connie - Any news on Simon??

    Dan, we did have a successful test this morning, so that's good. We'll get results tomorrow.

    I had a not-so-encouraging conversation with the doctor today when I dropped him off. His words: "I will be very surprised if Simon passes this test, with the blood levels I saw."

    :'(

    All we can do now is wait for the results. Continued good thoughts would be appreciated. I really don't want it to be this. If it is, we'll deal. But I would really rather not any of us have to go through a major surgery.


    Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

    Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

  5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    So. California
    Posts
    2,962

    DefaultRe: Connie - Any news on Simon??

    I was just thinking about Simon as well. I went back thru your posts to read up on what was going on. I miss so much if I don't get a chance to look in every day - posts fly by so fast.

    Sure hope you get some goods news! Will say a prayer for Simon.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

  7. #5
    TobysTrix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,118

    DefaultRe: Connie - Any news on Simon??

    Oh, I'm sorry to hear that the vet was so discouraging. I guess it's best to prepare for the worst but keep hoping for the best. Good thoughts continuing your way.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

  8. #6
    theoconbrio is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    AccountKiller
    Posts
    16,129

    DefaultRe: Connie - Any news on Simon??

    More good thoughts for Simon, Connie.

  9. #7
    abpingue is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,541

    DefaultRe: Connie - Any news on Simon??

    Prayers going your way!

  10. #8
    myfavoritedog's Avatar
    myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,345

    DefaultRe: Connie - Any news on Simon??

    Continued good thoughts and prayers for Simon. I hope he does not have to have surgery.

  11. #9
    Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,753

    DefaultRe: Connie - Any news on Simon??

    Oh Connie... I really hope he doesn't have to have surgery.

    Is this the type of thing that the earlier it's caught the better? Do you feel that this has been caught fairly early?

    Thinking of you guys!

  12. #10
    AngusFangus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,586

    DefaultRe: Connie - Any news on Simon??

    Janna, I really don't know ??? But I would have to think that the earlier it was caught, the better.

    It's so confusing. There are two types: Congenital and acquired. If he had the congenital type, I'm thinking it would have shown up much sooner. So, if he has the acquired type, I have to think that we caught this VERY early, because most of the stories I've heard and read about tell of dogs who are VERY obviously sick. Simon has had no symptoms to speak of, except for this UTI. Which is why this is all so shocking. And also why it would be really hard to consider subjecting him to such an invasive, serious surgery. I mean, he seems so healthy. How do you get your head around that??

    Seems like the vet did say something today about it's possible that we caught it really early, and that would be good. I dunno...my head is still kind of spinning with all this.


    Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

    Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25