PediPaws Nail Trimmer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PediPaws Nail Trimmer

Top Of The Hill is offline Senior Member

DefaultPediPaws Nail Trimmer

I wondered if anyone has tried this gagdet for doing your dogs nails......and how well it worked? TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I have one, but haven't been able to get close enough to them yet to use it! I must admit, after the first three attempts, it got put away and forgotten about. Now that they had their nails trimmed at the vet's, I am going to get the PediPaws back out and keep them trimmed.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Top Of The Hill View Post
    I wondered if anyone has tried this gagdet for doing your dogs nails......and how well it worked? TIA
    I have one (well, not the Pedipaws brand but a similar device) but haven't tried it yet. I planned on using it this weekend however we took Cooper for a bath at the groomers and when I picked him up, they had trimmed his nails so there's not need for me to touch him. I think he will be receptive to the trimmer because he really doesn't mind having his nails done. (I am so lucky!)

I'll let you know how it goes in a couple of weeks!

Bev.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

You can do the same thing with a dremel. Use the "sanding tube" attachment.

You might be able to use it to maintain the nails but they have to be clipped first. I can't get it near Oona.

Ah, I've seen this on TV, but I'm fine with just a normal set of nail clippers for dogs. I've spent so much time with Toshiko and playing with her paws so she's used to me handling them that she'll just lay there now with no resistance till I'm done!

Doing the same with my new pup now, and he's so laid back and already comfortable with me and Toshiko, he did the same and let me trim them no problems.

Red

I purchased one and went through the sandpaper head in one usage. Lab's nails are thick and tough and the wee thing didn't seem to have the power to make it a quick and easy job. The girls were patient enough, but it was a chore.
    I went back to the Dremmel and it cuts the time in half. They fidget a bit regardless..especially the black Lab because her feet are so very ticklish; but a few treats doled out beforehand does the trick.
    I use the PediPaws thing on the pup now while her nails are still 'puppyish' and not thick yet. She's more interested in chewing on my fingers.

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

My guys got one from their grandmother for Christmas. They were NOT impressed. LOL Zena will let me do hers but the other two run from the noise. I have tried to leave it on while we are lying around in bed for them to get used to the noise...no way...they hate it!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I liked it. To me it was a good stepping stone between the clippers and the dremel. Not as loud or fast as the dremel so it was a great conditioning tool.

I moved up to the dremel because it took a LONG time to get his nails where I like them with the pedipaws. What took about 3 minutes with the pedipaws takes about three seconds with the dremel.

I would definitely recommend the dremel over clippers though, you can get the nail much shorter and no worries about scratches to floors or people as the end result nail is a little nub with no sharp points.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

justine is offline Senior Member

My mom got one as a gift and is not happy with it.. I think it might be okay with cats or small dogs, but not for anything with big nails, unless you want to sit there forever! That's if the dog will you near with it, that is!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast