Just Labradors banner

LabFest today -- 9 dogs; weather sunny with temps in the 60s

463 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  WeHeartLabs 
#1 ·
We had a larger turnout today than we've had for many months -- 9 dogs (8 Labs + 1 Golden we've adopted; 4 Blacks, 1 Chocolate).  There was little competition from ball games plus weather was ideal -- sunny, with little wind, and with a temperature near 70 degrees F. If everyone came, we'd probably have maybe 18 or so.

The Lab with "EIC" behaved himself somewhat better this Saturday than last week.  (Last week he'd not shown much limits in playing "Bitey Face" and became too aggressive plus he was humping all the other dogs.)  Today, he only had to be admonished 2-3X.  His owner, a vet, says the breeder reports no other incidence of EIC within her/his breed line.

On my street, we have 4 homes in a row with Labs and all were there.

I'd located another unused and fenced softball field that does NOT have its gates locked to keep people (and dogs) out so we met there.  Much better than using an area not completely fenced in as we've done for the last several Saturdays.

Puff is still the fastest of all Labs although a couple are pushing her pretty well.  She loves to play the role of the wildebeeste in the game "Lions Chasing the Wildebeeste".   She's in advance like the mechanical rabbit leading a string of greyhounds -- all the rest of the dogs trailing behind her. 

One previous LabFest a couple years ago when they were playing this, Puff headed for where a group of us were standing or sitting and threaded her way though us untouched like a juking lightning bolt followed by a string of cement trucks.  The cement trucks took out about 4 adults.

Today was the first time she did it again but fortunately some of the cement trucks veered right, some left, and only a few followed Puff and grazed a few peeps.

A great time was had by all.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm glad that last week's bad boy was better this week. Sounds like so much fun, Bob. Wish we lived closer... You could add 1 black and 1 yellow to that number.

Lol about Puff's running through the crowd. I can SO picture that in my mind! I hope someone videos it someday and we can all see it. Puff is still the fastest Wildebeast! 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.