Still nothing new to report :(

Thread: Still nothing new to report :(

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

DefaultStill nothing new to report :(

Here it is Tuesday. Still no call back from the officer. Left another message at the police station this morning.
    Called the Code Compliance lady again. She was very sympathetic but there is little she can do because she handles Hollywood and not my particular area. All she could do was suggest I keep calling the officer. Since none of the neighbors have come up with their statements as back-up to mine, it looks like all I can do is demand that I get a case # so there is a record of what I witnessed. It'll come down to my word against the offender.
    If I don't get a case number, I can go up the ladder at the precinct and complain. All that is going to do is give me trouble with the local police. But in the hope that I do get a case number, since so much time has passed (11-3) and no 'official person' has been able to 'look at' the dog, having my account of the incident on file is probably all I can hope for. Then, if I see him abuse the dog again (or by some miracle, someone else does and calls it in) they'll do something? This is so NOT what I hoped for. I feel like banging my head against the wall.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Still nothing new to report :(

Pam,

You've done so much...more than another person might. If it's having your account on file, you've accomplished that much. It's disheartening that things seem to have stopped, but you've pursued this and stayed with it....I applaud you. Of course, you'll let us know if anything more develops, but you've done a lot already. Still hoping for a good outcome for that puppy.

Warmest regards to you

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Sitting here "stewing"- man you have tried so hard to do the right thing for that poor pup! Can only imagine how frustrated you are!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Go knock on their door and tell them you're concerned about the puppy and want to know if he's OK. Errrr, then again maybe not a good idea :-\

Praying that something happens for that poor lil' guy.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

pam, you've tried your best to help. i applaud you for your efforts as well.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

I would go the legislative route and talk to your elected officials. Become versed in the current law, talk to animal rights/shelter people then approach your elected officials. Explain to them how the current regulations don't work and offer a viable alternative. I would start attending council/board meetings first to observe and also to establish yourself as a regular and not a wild eye fanatic with a burning cause. Then approach an official you think you can work with. While you may not help this particular puppy, you may be able to help others.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Well that sucks........ but YOU have done SO much..... I just wish you could get some calls back, or get an answer of some sort. Have any of the neighbors seen the puppy outside any since that happened ? When do they take him out to go potty ?

How old did you say the pup was ? Is he old enough to be licensed ? I'm sure they require dogs to be licensed there. Can you check that out with the Animal Control Officer ?

Thanks for the update....... keeping fingers crossed that SOMEbody will go and look at the dog.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/