Going out of town

Thread: Going out of town

Mybabymambo Guest

DefaultGoing out of town

I am going out of town for thanksgiving. We are leaving the Wed. before and coming back Sat. or Sun. One of the couples from the dog park has offered to take Mambo instead of boarding him. These people are really nice, Have a very nice home and their golden is the most caring gentle dog I have ever seen. He is so calm, well until Mambo gets around than his inner puppy comes out.

So. They offered to watch for free as long as we do the same when they want to go out of town. I was going to bring Mambos crate, food, and toys. Should I leave them money just in case of an emergency. I had also thought about maybe asking them to take Mambo for a night so they can make sure they are up to the very hyper puppy.

Any other suggestions?

I had made an apt to board him, but he would only get out of the cage for 15 minutes twice a day. That didnt sound like alot of fun. The other better doggy day cares are booked. I am not taking him with us. We will be staying in a already crowed home with alot of non dog lovers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Going out of town

I wouldn't leave them any money. I think having them take him overnight now is a great idea!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

What I have done in the past is tell the vet I am going out of town and leave a credit card number with the vet...So if they need to call the vet for any reason, it's not a problem.

It might not work if you're not as comfortable with your vet as I am with mine- I've known her since I was five!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

I agree with not leaving money in an emergency they can tell the vet you are out of town and to bill it you you! It works, I was watching my teachers pets one summer while she went back east to see her father before he died and the cat got really ill and needed to go to the vet.
    I think it is a really good idea to take him over there for a night to see how everything works out! If they have any questions they can call you or whatever!

BudGirl8 Guest

An overnight visit is a great idea, and I called my vet and gave them my neighbors names and phone numbers when I had them babysit Billie. That way they knew who would be bringing her in if something happened. They have it set up to bill me in an emergency if I'm out of town.

I also wrote up a little tip sheet - my phone numbers, where I was staying, vet/emergency vet info, and some little quirks Billie has. Any little tips that would help them.

Mybabymambo Guest

I am going to call my vet toset something up just in case anything happens. It makes me so nervouse to leave him. :-[

BudGirl8 Guest

Oh I can totally relate. I'll have a whole new set of nerves on Thanksgiving because I can't leave her with the neighbors so I get to leave her with the vet.

Mybabymambo Guest

I am sure he will be fine. I have taken him to the kennel before, but it was for one day. Atleast with them he will get to play and get all kinds of attention. I have already cut my time away short. Didnt want to be without him for long

BudGirl8 Guest

She was fine too, aside from her little escape. Brat.

I'm sure Mambo will have a blast at doggie camp with his buddy and your friends. ;D

This is really the best situation you could hope for. I have said the same to Lexi'sMom and Elias' Mom, Samantha. They better not ever put those 2 babies in a kennel when they could come and play here and be much happier.

I think its smart to let the vet know, just in case.