My Lab

Thread: My Lab

DefaultMy Lab

This is my first lab, but not my first dog (purebred Boxer, Golden Retriever, Dalmation)

We think he is about 3-4 yrs old. I got him from the animal shelter about 3 months ago and he has no noticeable issues and was already trained for inside and for manners. They say he was picked up as a stray. If I remember right the shelter was ridiculously cheap, I think he was only $150 from the shelter which included shots and microchip.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ILoveBuddy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My Lab

He is a very handsome boy! What's his name??? Welcome to the forum

1scottie2labbies is offline Senior Member

Welcome he is a cute labbiy guy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

his name is duke. i think i am feeding him too much, how much food does he need? he is 95lbs now.

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC877
    i think i am feeding him too much, how much food does he need? he is 95lbs now.
    Depends on what you feed him. Check the bag and you can reduce the amount from there.

Jack is nine years old and between 85 and 90 pounds He gets about 1 cup of kibble plus 14.5 ounce can of cheap green beans 2x daily plus a dollop of peanutbutter on a cracker as a meds vehicle. And whatever he can surf off the counter.

The green beans are very low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals. They swell up as they break down so the dog thinks he is still full. Green beans help us control his weight.

Kathryn Guest

Welcome!
    He is very cute!
    Dakota my puppy gets 2-3 cups of puppy food a day. Maggie my 3yo lab gets 2.5 cups a day and my oldest lab gets food at will. She dosnt eat a lot and sometimes we try to feed her twice a day because we are afraid she dosnt get enough food sometimes. free feeding for labs isnt something just anyone should do. They will eat till they well they will eat and eat and eat.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Hey there Duke! Welcome to the forum!