Paige and puppy update

Thread: Paige and puppy update

Barron Bunch is offline Senior Member

DefaultPaige and puppy update

Well, we've made week 1. I'm afraid to be too excited but right now everyone is doing well.
    Paige's nose is still running - especially at night. She's not running a fever but she's the pickiest lab I've ever dealt with - so she's not eating very well.

We finally decided to pull the pup from her and neither her nor her feisty puppy were happy about the transition. Hopefully we didn't pull her too late - the last thing that puppy needs right now is to catch what ever mom has.

Puppy is eating and sleeping great. She's also getting a little pedialyte throughout the day and so far she's looking great. Gaining weight as she should but I'm still worried that we'll lose her and I check on her almost every 10-15 minutes. It's exhausting.

Hubby has been so great. After staying home alone with my 4 labs, my 3 foster labs, the 2 cats and Paige and pup on Tuesday and Wednesday, - I was exhausted and so David decided to stay home with me yesterday and today to help out. I couldn't have done it without him - he went to the grocery store for me - bought newborn baby bottles and nipples for me and also picked up another humidifyer for the nursery. I'm so lucky to have him!!!!!!

So that's the update for now. If everything goes as well in the next 24 hours - I'll start looking for a new foster home for Paige. We need to keep her as far away from the pup as possible and she needs to get started on her own new life. It's been amazing to watch her come out of her shell. She's acting like a puppy herself and really seems to enjoy not having to take care of the baby.
    The only time she even notices that she hasn't seen the puppy in a while is when I'm cleaning the puppy. She starts to pitch a fit because she wants to sleep and not be bothered. Paige whines and cries when she hears her fussing but other than that - she's just your typical happy 1 year old Labby puppy.

Keep them in your prayers,
    D
    Dina &amp; The Barron Bunch<br />STLRR - Southeast Texas Labrador Retriever Rescue

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Paige and puppy update

Prayers for Paige, puppy, and you and your hubby!

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

budbud is offline Senior Member

I'm glad to hear things are going better and Su helped out I will continue to keep them both in my prayers

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Encouraging report, Dina. David has always been a champ in my book.

Seamus and Flynn

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

They are in my prayers.

pj
    pj is offline Senior Member

continued good thoughts out to you paige and the puppy!
    and a big thanks out to you and your wonderful hubby!
    <br />pj, theo &amp; dexter

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

Paige needs some TLC herself. I hope you can get her into a home soon. I'll continue to pray for her and her pup. Please let us know when you find a home for Paige. I think of her often.
    <br /><br />